Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

A

November 11th, 2008 01:00

SW Drivers help needed

Hi Guys,

I have a Dell Latitude D620 running with Windows XP.

I need to format and reinstall windows. The problem is that i dont have the drivers CD to install them after i reinstall the windows. I tried to download them via the Dell support website by typing the service tag and all these stuff, but what i get are all the drivers for all the D620 versions, not the drivers that were shipped with the notbook. Now the problem is that i don't know which drivers to dowload and what to leave out.

I once and only once got a tab on the website that specified the drivers that are related to the service tag of my pc but unfortunately i never got them again. What i always get are all the drivers for all the D620 versions for me to choose from, however i don't know what to choose and what to ignore...

Hope someone helps me out with this issue...

thx a lot,

Ahmed Subhi

4.6K Posts

November 12th, 2008 01:00

Welcome to the forums ;)

I'm confused?  You've got a D620, but you don't want the (probably newer) drivers for the D620 being offered on the Dell website?

You're likely going to need all the drivers available for download at some time or another, so you'd be best to download everything?

Sods law dictates, that if you don't download certain drivers, those will be the ones you'll need!

BTW:  You might be able to get another 'Drivers & Utilities' disc - and any other you don't/should have, from Dell? 

You can at least apply for 'Backup' discs here (note:  that's the UK site) ;)

November 12th, 2008 03:00

hey there,

first of all, thx for your reply.

But my only concern is that when i got the tab for the drivers of my service tag(which doesn't appear anymore), i got 25 files to be downloaded. While on the other hand, there are 79 files available for download related to all the D620 versions. My concern here is that not all of the 79 files are related to my hardware, besides, for the same category( for example video, CD/DVD, comunication, etc...) files can exceed 20; so if i download and install all these drivers, i believe conflicts can occur. what do u think???

Concerning the drivers and utilities CD idea, i tried to order the CD, however, the shipping was limited to some countries and the list didn't include Egypt.

Again, thx for ur reply and hope to hear fm you again...

No Events found!