Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

VJ

January 19th, 2009 07:00

Screen Brightness Adjustment does not work

Heissa,

today I dimmed my laptop screen using the fn-button plus the up/down arrows. It got to the darkest point, but now I cant lighten it up again. The same applies to the sound fuctions. It is possible to increase the volume using fn plus the respective button, but you cant decrease it. The energy options do not seem to have a function where I can adjust the brightness and all forums I have skimmed through do not seem to contain a solution.

Has anybody an idea, how to fix the problem. I would need a place where I can manually adjust the brightness without going via the key combinations.

Thanks for any comments in advance,

Valentin

March 23rd, 2009 16:00

I HAVE THE ANSWER!!! PLEASE READ AND COPY TO OTHER FORUMS! I have a Dell Laptop running Windows XP. Like most of you, the Fn + Down would dim the screen, however, Fn + Up would not brighten it. This is a bug that dell/intel cannot fix. There are patches that utilize linux, however, if you want the easiest way to fix the problem this is it: DOWNLOAD DARKADAPTED 2.3.4 BUILD 208. You can find it here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DarkAdapted-Download-5641.html This is the latest version, but if the link doesn't work, look for a newer version. This program fixes the bug and allows you to adjust all the video options from the same menu. You can email your thanks and praise to me at  

I HAVE THE ANSWER!!! PLEASE READ AND COPY TO OTHER FORUMS! I have a Dell Laptop running Windows XP. Like most of you, the Fn + Down would dim the screen, however, Fn + Up would not brighten it. This is a bug that dell/intel cannot fix. There are patches that utilize linux, however, if you want the easiest way to fix the problem this is it: DOWNLOAD DARKADAPTED 2.3.4 BUILD 208. You can find it here: http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DarkAdapted-Download-5641.html This is the latest version, but if the link doesn't work, look for a newer version. This program fixes the bug and allows you to adjust all the video options from the same menu. You can email your thanks and praise to me at   

No Events found!