Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 26th, 2014 05:00

Screen problem Latitude E6410 -- connector cable?

I'm having issues with my Latitude E6410 screen. In the past it had happened every once in a while that after waking up or booting the computer the screen would display weird patterns and colors. The solution so far was to jiggle the laptop lid a little or to close and reopen it, after which everything went back to normal. With an external monitor this problem didn't occur.

Today this trick didn't work anymore. Moving the lid around still sometimes makes a bit of difference, but at best I get back the proper display for a few seconds. Based on the fact that jiggling the lid makes a difference I suspect that it's maybe some loose connector or cable that connects the screen. Does that sound plausible? Should I try removing the display panel and then reconnecting everything. I don't have the proper screwdrivers here but could probably borrow some later.

Thanks,

Harald.

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

February 26th, 2014 06:00

Hello Harold,

From what your describing I would agree with your suspicion that the issue is being caused by a loose cable connection. Reseating the LCD cables is a great Idea. Please find the link to the E6410 service manual below.

I would suggest reseating both the motherboard side of the cable -

and LCD panel side of the cable in troubleshooting to confirm both connections are well seated. 

E6410 Service Manual

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e6410-atg_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

2 Posts

February 26th, 2014 06:00

Thanks, Shawn! In the meantime I've removed the screen bezel, and after pressing on various parts of the side of the screen it's somewhat working now. So I suspect it's one of the connectors up there that's loose. 

No Events found!