Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 22nd, 2011 09:00

Serious issues with Dell Inspiron 1440

I am having serious issues with my computer and am wondering if anyone can help me.

Model : Dell Inspiron 1440
Purchase Date : 31-08-2009
System Summary
Operating System Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (64-bit) Build Number 7600
DirectX Version 11
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz Cores 2 Threads 2
System Memory
Total Physical Memory 3.00 GB
Battery DELL F972N9 Type LION - Lithium Ion (Not in great condition)
Hard Drive Size 320.1 GB WDC WD3200BEVT-75ZCT2 ATA Device (Western Digital)

My computer is very very slow and even in some cases entirely unresponsive and i have to close the programme. For instance, when typing every sentence or so the computer near freezes and types incredibly slow, like one letter per minute and takes forever to catch up-to what I have already typed. I also tried to do some minor tuneups like cleaning cookies and deleting Temp and defraging but nothing changed. I also run Microsoft Essentials Full scan several times now (No virus..No spyware...Nor malware found) and done other system clearing with ccleaner and reg cleaner  but they haven't helped. I cant afford to go to service center as my service is expired. let me know how to deal with it.......... Please help!

3.8K Posts

February 25th, 2011 10:00

Hi Rajeshwari,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried loading your comptuer to safe mode and checking. Turn off computer, as soon as you turn on the system, at the Dell Logo, keep tapping F8, then moved to safe mode and press enter. Check if you have the same symptoms here. If it works fine, most probable causes could be your Antivirus software, or one of your startup programs is causing this.

Disable startup programs

Start >In the start search box, type msconfig and press enter, click on startup on top, and then click on disable all at the bottom, apply and then restart your computer. Please make sure you enable your startup programs, as some programs may be essential for your computer.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!