Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 13th, 2014 15:00

Seriously?????

I bought a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop back in May.  Apparently the motherboard took a *** on Sunday.  After spending about an hour on the phone with Dell, this is the revelation that with.  They put in a ticket for a tech to come to my home with a new motherboard.  This was suppose to be Tuesday evening at the latest.  The tech called me Wednesday morning to inform me the part hadn't arrived, and he would call me first thing Wednesday morning to setup a time to come out.  3pm Wednesday rolls around, still no call.  I decide to reach out to him.  He tells me that he has a bad day & won't be able to come out until tomorrow................unacceptable!!  I call Dell back Immediately.  After 50 minutes on the phone, the manager assures me that the tech will be calling me.  And, that the tech will be at my place by 5pm.  The tech ends up calling me back 1.5 hrs later to inform me that he has me scheduled for 9:30 tomorrow............NO!  After expressing my displeasure over this, he says he can make a special trip for me.  This outsourced tech guy shows up, beats the *** out of my laptop trying to get the keyboard off (this took 25 minutes).  He installs the new motherboard, comments on how it's odd that he has extra screws now?  He boots up the pc........nothing but beeps.  He says (with no further testing) that Dell must've screwed it up over the phone....?  He said that he doesn't have time for this because he must make class on time.  So...................he puts me back on the line with Dell.  Going to send me a box, ship my pc to them.....blah, blah.  The tech walks out my door.  4 minutes later I'm calling him to let him know that I just rebooted my pc & it's working now.  "I have no Idea what top tell you....good luck" was his reply.  Come to find out that my RAM is now fried.  The laptop is scratched to hell as well.  I was escalated to Dell's advanced support.  Once again they want my laptop to check if "their" tech messed anything during the installation.  Not happening!  To settle this.....they're sending me two sticks of 4gb ram to replace my fried 8gb stick of ram.  How the hell does help.  I had two 8gb sticks.  So to solve the issue......I'll go from 16gb's down to 8???????  What a complete joke you are Dell.  Motherboard failing after five months????  This is the first, and the last, product that I will ever purchase from you! 

I'm done venting now...

No Responses!
No Events found!