Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2016 06:00

Service Tag || DELL Inspiron 14z 5423 || Laptop Dead

Hi,

I Purchased this Laptop few years back. Now it stopped working suddenly. Am in India right now but when i consulted the Dell Exclusive store here they say its not repairable. Kindly suggest. I never fell down nor got damaged by any external source. I wanted to get it repaired or may be send it back to recycling if possible.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

October 30th, 2016 11:00

We cannot assist without knowing  why the shop said it's not repairable.

How old is "a few years"?  Any system more than three years old likely isn't worth a major repair such as a replacement system board -- even if a board is available.

This is a low-end system -- if it requires a mainboard change, it's likely not worth the repair, as the shop has told you.

October 31st, 2016 09:00

1.  I tinkered with machines for a while and I know sometimes there are ways to breathe life into something that a sale person says is a dead piece of equipment.

a. I assume it was a sales person not a technician so on a business stand point... yes just get a new one.

b. If you know how to repair computers then you can just tinker around with it and see if you can get it to fire up.

c.  Try this.  If it does not boot up at all.  Remove the battery and try to turn it on with just the AC power connected to it.  There is some ACPI thing that I know about.  

d.  You can also try another wattage AC power supply.  This may get passed something when the AC adapter just cannot be recognized anymore.

Second opinions are cool but I would not go back to the sales man and say he lied.

No Events found!