Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 29th, 2009 20:00

Severe Artifacts Win 7 Dell Studio 1735 ATI Mob Radeon 3650 video

I have a Dell Studio 17 laptop that came with Vista Home Premium. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 32-bits and noticed very bad artifacts in images such as skies with varying highlights. Some parts even have diagonal animated lines. When viewed 100% there's pixel blocks where some have vertical lines while other parts of the highlight looks blotchy (other parts of the images look OK just highlights that's messed up). The same images appear OK on my desktop's LCD so something's up with this setup.

ATI's response to this is ...

"Sorry, we do not have specific information for laptops, hence you will need to contact Dell for assistance pertaining to this issue.

The video chip supplied with a given notebook would be customized for best performance as per the laptop manufacturer's requirements.

As a result of these customizations, ATI Customer Care is unable to offer detailed information pertaining to the video adapter. Sorry, we would only have information for plug in (retail Boxed) video cards."

14.4K Posts

September 29th, 2009 20:00

Try reloading the VISTA drivers. Most Vista drivers work on 7. You can also try using the ATI drivers.

Are you sure your card is a 3625? There is no listing for that card on the Drivers and Download page.

28 Posts

September 29th, 2009 21:00

My bad. It's the HD 3650. I have tried the Windows 7 driver from ATI's website which is listed as Beta and that's the one with the reported artifacts. I will reload the original Vista 32 bit one and see what happens.

No Events found!