Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2015 00:00

Short Battery Life Inspiron 15R 5521

Hello,

I had purchased Inspiron 15R 5521 in January 2014 which suddenly has started showing "Battery Permanent Failure,Press F1 to continue" when I turned it on this morning.

This is comparatively very short battery life as my brother has a Samsung which is an older piece then mine but still can run on the battery and one my friend has a Dell XPS which is even older but has a working battery,

any comments?

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

September 11th, 2015 17:00

Hi Techie_28,

Thanks for posting.

I apologize that your battery isn't lasting as long as you expected it to.  Batteries normally last between a year and 18 months under normal use.  Dell provides a 1 year battery warranty which is described below:

Batteries for portable systems and mobile devices are not covered under the same terms as the system warranty. Agents should see the procedure below for determining the warranty of the battery in question.

• The standard warranty for a portable computer and/or mobile device FRU battery is 1-year from the date of initial shipment or 90 days from when the battery was last replaced.
  • Out of Warranty batteries that are replaced using the OWR process described below have a 1 year warranty from the date of service.
  • Accidental Damage (Complete Care) for portable batteries is covered for the period of the battery warranty if the customer has purchased an Accidental Damage (Complete Care) contract.
  • Dell Accidental Damage Service does not cover any damage to or defect in the battery that is cosmetic only or otherwise does not affect functionality. Dell is not obligated to repair reasonable wear and tear on the battery and other superficial items, such as scratches and dents that do not materially impair use of the battery.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Robert

May 10th, 2017 19:00

Hi Robert P. I purchased a 14.8 V for my inspiron 15r 5521 laptop the original batt is 11.1 V . Is it ok?

May 10th, 2017 19:00

Is it ok to replace ny 11.1V batterry for my inspiron 15r 5521 with 14.8 V battery?

No Events found!