Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

4 Posts

January 31st, 2009 07:00

Skype and Dell Studio 1537 Laptop .. need help please

Hi everyone, I have a new Dell Studio 1537 Laptop from dell with vista 32 bit. Tried skype beta and found the dell camera ok but nothing spectacular even that its a 2.0 megapixel. My biggest problem is that the audio choice is not selectable in the options area.

It uses the "Microphone Array" listed as "IDT High Definition Audio"

I've tired everything including looking for new drivers and have the most current.

Again I have audio but it will NOT detect my microphone, at least not the correct one.

Anyone else have this problem with dells new release of laptops?
mine is only 3 week old...

2 Posts

April 6th, 2009 14:00

I have a similar problem. Same laptop, Vista 32. I have a microphone which works fine otherwise, but the incoming signal is very weak. Mic is detected, and there come some signal, but very weak.

2 Posts

April 7th, 2009 15:00

it seems to work now. i have installed every single new drivers, including bios, and somehow in the 'idt audio' stuff i now can see the microphone, and it works in skype as well. but it's tricky: in skype i had to change the settings manually to microphone. good luck!

26 Posts

April 7th, 2009 23:00

I have similar problem on Latitude E4300. Internal Mic works but external jack mic recognized but weak or dead (tried several). Dell told me this is a hardware problem (and they suggest changing part) but I tend to think it is driver related.

No Events found!