Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 27th, 2015 14:00

Sleep - Wake facing problems , N5110 Win7 help please!

Hi i have a Dell Inspiron n5110 with windows 7 ,everytime i set to sleep i cannot wake it up. Sometimes screen is off while using it, but that happen only few times.

I tried uninstall and install the display adapter and the problem persist.

Please help me :(

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 27th, 2015 16:00

This paper goes over basic troubleshooting steps to help resolve issues with Sleep and may be of help.

Step 1:

Verify the Computer Finishes Initial Power-Up (POST)

In many cases a computer will not attempt to hand off control to the operating system. If you power the computer on and you see a Dell logo screen with a bar at the bottom, and that bar fills up completely and disappears, then your computer has successfully completed POST.

1. 1.       Press the power button on the computer to attempt to resume from suspend.
  2. 2.       If the computer does not turn on at all, remove all power from the system (AC power and battery) and wait for 10 seconds.
  3. 3.       Plug the power cord and/or battery back in and press the power button again.
    If the computer still does not turn on, refer to the link below for further troubleshooting.

Step 2:

Update System BIOS and Video Drivers

In some cases suspend/hibernate issues can be caused by incorrect or outdated BIOS settings or video drivers. Be sure to regularly update your drivers to take full advantage of your hardware and software.
Try updating each of these drivers individually and then retest the system to see if the problem continues.

Step 3:

Use Lockup Troubleshooting to Resolve

If you are still experiencing suspend/hibernate issues in Windows, and the troubleshooting steps above have not resolved the problem, the system may be experiencing an underlying lockup problem. To troubleshoot Windows lockups, refer to Dell Knowledge Base Article:

Please go over the document and see if it helps you out, it also gives links to “No Post” and “Lock Up” troubleshooters which may help as well. Please report back with what you find out and if the problem continues

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 28th, 2015 08:00

Hi again i updated  my BIOS and its fixed just for 3 sleeps, after that stop working again.

I have installed INTEL GRAPHICS FAMILY for video driver. I try update but it saids that its the best driver already.

Which video driver should i install from this suggested list?
Thanks i really aprecciate the help, i want to fix it :(

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 29th, 2015 14:00

Still nothing, is this incredible that i couldnt fix it yet, i know sleep option is not the big problem,  but i like just leave my laptop sleep and then all as i left.

Someone please help me i did everything,

1-update windows at all

2- Uninstall and install all versions of video driver actual im using the oldest and nothing

3 update all drivers

4- turn of pc , take off battery cable everything...

whats can i do :(

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 29th, 2015 15:00

The Intel HD3000 driver is the correct video driver for your system.  Updating the driver is a good place to start but unfortunately “wont wake from sleep” problems like you are describing can be caused by any number or combination of programs, utilities or drivers, and can be very difficult to find the cause.

One thing to consider is when exactly did you first notice the problem with the system not resuming from sleep?  Was it from the start when you first got the notebook, or something that started happening later?  Do you remember any specific programs, utilities, updates or drivers that may have been installed just prior to the problem, if so try disabling or uninstalling the software and see if that helps?

You have done a lot of troubleshooting so far, and I suggest start troubleshooting the notebook as if it was having problems locking up.  This is part of the document that I mentioned earlier and for specifics try here.

If you continue to have problems you are probably looking at having to reinstall Windows. You will want to fully back up your personal data before attempting to do so. You can find directions on how to reimage the system here.

1 Rookie

• 

29 Posts

May 30th, 2015 08:00

Terry i think is easier reinstall windows and make a backup than trying to identify the problem 2 month and still cant find it. 

Thanks a lot for your help, i appreciate!

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

June 1st, 2015 08:00

Unfortunately it can be at times easier and quicker, just to reinstall Windows. Just be careful after reimaging the system.  Install only the chipset and video driver after the Windows install and test to see if the system will resume from sleep.  Create a restore point, with system restore.  If there are no problems continue with the remainder of the drivers and test again.  Once you have solid build create a full backup if you have the means, at least create another restore point.

At this point the system should be fully operational, and you will be ready to start installing your programs. Please only install one program at a time and test after each installation.  Create a restore point if there are no problems and install your next program.  The idea here is that you don't want to reinstall everything just to find out that you still have the problem.  Assuming that there are no hardware defects, you may well be able to find the specific program or utility that was causing the problem.

TB

No Events found!