Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2017 05:00

Sleep upon closing

I have an Inspiron 17-7779 Most of the time when I shut the lid it goes into sleep mode, which is how I have it set to do. However of late it will act like it is going to sleep then later come back on, even when remaining closed, and just runs non-stop at that point. This even happens when I press the button on the side, wait for it to shut off and then close it. 

This is troubling because it heats up my laptop when it should be sleeping and drains the battery when it's not plugged in. 

Any suggestions? 

Again keep in mind all of my settings are such where when I shut my lid it should go to sleep. 

Thanks!

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 14th, 2017 08:00

I will check mine but I need to know if this is with external power or both?

Have you rechecked your power schemes to confirm its settings?

My 7779 has not yet received the Windows 10 update from Tuesday, Oct. 10th, so if yours has we may get different results.

3 Posts

October 14th, 2017 10:00

Like I said all my schemes are set right it was the first thing I checked and it’s on both battery and external power that this occurs.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 14th, 2017 14:00

The logs in Event Viewer may show what is happening and at what time.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

October 14th, 2017 14:00

You did not really say you had checked all the settings, just what happens when the lid is closed.  There is also some wake settings which might allow it to wake when something like Windows Update may want to start.  

Most time is should go back to sleep, and so far I have not noticed my system doing this.  Any particulars as to when and under what circumstances would be helpful.  If you can't think of anything, I won't really be able to know what to look for.

16 Posts

October 24th, 2017 20:00

Same thing going on with my XPS 13 9350. See my post dated Oct 23. - KAPOOWI

No Events found!