Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2015 00:00

Slow boot up on Dell Inspiron 17 5749 i7

Since day 1, my Dell Inspiron 17 5749 i7 is slow in booting up 3-4 minutes. I tested this when I firstly activated my Windows on Purchase without third party applications installed. To worsen up matters, I intermittently find various errors in the Event Logs including the following:

Event 7000 The GoToAssist Corporate service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified.

Event 37 The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report. (reported in the 4 groups)

Event 10002 WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\Windows\system32\athihvs.dll

I tried the Full recovery 4 times but the errors and slow boot up keep cropping up. Any help would be more than appreciated.

184 Posts

May 26th, 2015 03:00

Hi rayvirgo,

Thank you for reaching out to us here, sounds like the recovery image itself might have gone bad as you have already tried recovering the system 4 times and the system is still booting up slowly. We could try and re-install a fresh copy of the operating system on your computer, but before we proceed to that step, we request you to go ahead and run the Dell built in system diagnostics to check the functionality of the hardware as the system is running slow. Please follow the steps below to run the diagnostics,

1. Power on the system and press F12 repeatedly on the Dell logo screen which should load one time boot menu screen.

2. From the list please select diagnostics and press enter and allow the test to complete.

3. Once the test completes please make a note of the error code if you notice any and share it with us so that we could check and assist you further.

2 Posts

May 26th, 2015 04:00

Thanks for your reply. I already ran the diagnostics more than once but no errors cropped up. I also tried to recover the system from the Recovery DVDs I created once purchased but the boot time is still slow and the errors keep cropping up in the event viewer. Is there a way I can create a Windows 8.1 64Bit installation disc from the image, with the embedded programs and drivers?

Thanks again.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 26th, 2015 06:00

There is not.  If the system shipped with McAfee, uninstall that -- it is usually included with new Dell systems and not exactly resource-efficient.

No Events found!