Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 2nd, 2017 17:00

(Solved) XPS 13 9360 headset mic not working

I managed to solve my problem with one of Jimco's audio Forum FAQ items that was not exactly related to my device  but wanted to confirm it worked for me in case others are having the same problem.

Problem: Plug in a headset and it is recognized and Maxx Wave asked what it is.  Headphones worked but there was no mic input.  I tried everything I could find short of installing Realtek site drivers (trying to stick to Dell recommendations).  

Saw this in the forum audio pages:

"Solution 2: install the driver that is available on the Realtek site (go to http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/ "High Definition Audio Codecs", then on the next page check "I accept" and then click "next". )"

Tried it and after resetting volume and boost the headset worked perfectly.

I would also note that in the process of debugging this I discovered about 9 drivers and BIOS updates that were needed.  Anyone buying 2015/2016 7th gen specials ought to run all the checks to make sure they are current.

Thanks Jimco

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 06:00

Hi jhk451,

Thanks for posting your resolution, and thanks to Jimco for posting his FAQ's!

Regards,

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 08:00

not exactly related to my device  but wanted to confirm it worked for me in case others are having the same problem.

jhk451, thank you for posting. The Recent Issues "solutions" are 100% from Dell owners like you who posted. I added yours to the XPS 9360 section.

@Robert, thanks for the good word. If you or any of the other liaisons see a new audio solution, please let me know to add it to the Recent Issues faq.

No Events found!