Highlighted

Soon to be released new Dell Docks may require BIOS and driver updates on your laptop before use!

Dell will soon be releasing updated desktop docking stations that are compatible with Type C and Thunderbolt systems.   These docks may require that you update your system's BIOS and install docking station drivers before they will function properly.   Older BIOS versions or lack of docking station drivers could result in the dock not being recognized by your system or not working as expected.   Once released, these docking station drivers and updated BIOS versions will be available on support.dell.com for supported laptop systems.

0 Kudos
256 Replies
RHC_automation
1 Nickel

RE: Soon to be released new Dell Docks may require BIOS and driver updates on your laptop before use!

Hi,

what's the real release date for the TB15? It was announced to be released on January, 28th. But I've read in a few places, that it maybe would not be released until end of March... What's the truth?

0 Kudos
cocoder
1 Copper

RE: Soon to be released new Dell Docks may require BIOS and driver updates on your laptop before use!

It's available now.  Just ordered mine.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
kramrengaw
2 Iron

They are available now....I just ordered one.

0 Kudos
RHC_automation
1 Nickel

I've seen that they are available in the US now, but unfortunately not in Europe...

0 Kudos
qwerytfsadg
1 Nickel

Thank you, called yesterday and they said don't know when available.  Called just after seeing your post and ordered one of each!

0 Kudos
johnptd
3 Silver

Is there any information as to what BIOS version is required? I have 1.1.15 and I see no newer version. I do see that there is a new firmware update for the TB controller.

JohnD

EDIT: There are two entries for the Realtek USB GBE Ethernet Controller Driver, one under the Chipset section and another under the Network section. Are they identical or must I apply both???? They appear to be the same size and refer to the same version.

0 Kudos
UK_Dave_UK
1 Copper

They are now, I checked this morning on Dells UK site but they look like the smaller version - i.e. not the one that would drive 3 FHD screens which is what I am waiting on.

0 Kudos

Please help! I just received the new Dell TB15 / Thunderbolt 3 dock.  I have updated my bios and installed associated drivers.  Everything appears to be working as advertised except for I'm having USB issues with the dock.  All the USB connections keep cutting in and out.

Dell tech support seems to think it's a defective dock.  It seems to me more like a driver issue.

Does anyone else with the new Thunderbolt 3 dock have this issue? 

Currently I'm having to use my U3415W as a USB hub and plug a USB cable directly into my XPS.

Hardware: Dell XPS 13 9350, Dell TB15/Thunderbolt 3 Dock, Dell U3415W Monitor

0 Kudos

Dell has pulled the Thunderbolt Dock (both 240w and 180w from their website. ALL have been defective (including mine which I promptly sent back) - see Notebook Review forum under topic Dell XPS 15 with Infinity Display 2015) posts from pages 414 on. I have already sent mine back.
You might try the asmedia (USB)driver for asus mainboard recommended in post #4152 - it seems to have been met with success with some docks.
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/dell-xps-15-with-infinity-display-2015.776840/page-416
https://www.asus.com/support/Download/5/35/0/5/Nye15BwOimHEJ7RQ/45/
I may reorder if and when Dell ever gets their S together.