Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 15th, 2012 17:00

Sound Settings Do NOT Save in control panel.

Uhhh. My username has fricken in it, so I guess I can remaing using it? Please someone help me solve this, it just aggravates me to not being able to have sound on my computer.

Okay. I've been searching nearly for nearly 2 days now looking on how to get control panel settings to save. The full story is games that use too much memory will eventually freeze and loop the last sound played which is extremely annoying when my volume is loud enough to hear and it's constantly making a buzzing noise with the only solution being holding down the power button and even if I do maange to get out with everything being laggy. I CANT END THE process, process tree, etc, i've tried using other programs.

Anyways, that problem has lead me to yesterday uninstalling my Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and then I lost sound. All the way till this morning, I installed like 30+ drivers and uninstalled and I decided to get my drivers and utilities disk and configure the one that came with this computer. There is still no audio. Why? In the bottom right hand corner there's the volume thing with a white "X" in a red circle saying no speakers or headphones are plugged in. No duh. I never use those for my laptop since it can just play sound... I noticed nothing fricken saves anymore when I hit the button, two buttons to the right of the configuration lit up button, the one where you just tap it, not really pressing it and nothing saves in the Dell Audio by Realtek Interface, I could set to max volume, switch to another tab and go look at speaker/headphone, then it's set back to 0. And after millions of searching people said that stereomix was disabled, I went to check and yes it was.

Well, too bad cuz I can right click and hit enable 1,000,000 times and nothing fricken happens, there's no effect where it goes from disabled to enabled. It stays disabled, therefore not saving any of my settings and this proved to be true seeing all my other configurations in the sound settings in control pannel not saving after configuring them. Finally, I was lead to the conclusion of my sound preference file(s) being corrupted. All those fixes are for macs. I'm on windows 7. Please someone help me find a fix for this. I've been downloading like 30 stereomix stuff for realtek and until earlier I found that the settings wouldn't change no matter what, so all the downloading was wasted until I could enable stereomix and set it as default. OF COURSE, I can't set it to default if I can't even enable it..

Here's my computer specs: Dell Dell XPS L502X Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Service Pack 1 Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2720QM CPU @ 2.20 Ghz 4 GB of RAM Intel HD Graphics Family Nvidia Geforce GT 540 M Intel (R) Display Audio Realtek High Defintion Audio

Well, never going to trust updating my stuff again especially how I'm using the drivers from the "legitmate" drivers and utilities disk that came with my prebuilt laptop. Hopefully this is just a corruption of some preference files and not the drivers. I'd be pretty dissapointed if they gave me <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> drivers that didn't work... So yea. Here's some pictures and I want to get sound back asap. My audio is muted right now, can't edit video files, can't hear in games, and can't watch youtube videos, can't do much....  T

his is my third forum I'm posting this on thinking there'll be more information on how to fix this stuff. I've downloaded numerous drivers, had driver managers like: Driver Genius download all the latest drivers. Still nothing. Look at these images, I go to another tab, exit, come back and the settings are not saved. This is so frustarting and what's ridiculous is I can't even configure the speakers, none of the stuff works. I double click realtek hd audio in playback, set it to USE THIS DEVICE (ENABLED) and not DON"T USE THIS DEVICE (DISABLED). Hit apply, ok and it does NOT Apply. So I have no sound right now and I guess laptops are just doomed for video games. They overheat and then freeze and do that retarded looping sound.   I think it has soemthing to do with my Nvidia Geforce GT 540M or my Intel HD Graphics Family that has been well known for overheating. Or <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> motherboard in this prebuilt laptop.  

Currently, this is what my stuff looks like.        :emotion-14:

This one is from yesterday.

June 16th, 2012 11:00

Anyways guys, this has been solved, found solution here in case anyone needs it:

www.techsupportforum.com/.../solved-no-sound-the-unsolvable-problem-take-the-challenge-594113.html

June 15th, 2012 18:00

You should've read everything, or else you wouldn't reply with such a pointless answer. I stated that I could hit enable a million times and nothing happens. Thanks for replying though.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 15th, 2012 18:00

Hey, I don't have time now to study everything you wrote, just for now when you see Stereo Mix disabled do you go to "Show disabled devices" (right click) and try to enable it from there?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 15th, 2012 19:00

You're welcome.

June 15th, 2012 21:00

So no one has had this issue before? I doubt it's the driver after updating all my drivers and downloading almost every single realtek hd audio driver out there, from dell, from realtek, and the one that came in the disc with this prebuilt laptop. I honestly don't want to wipe my computer and set it to factory settings, I'll need to reinstall a lot of programs again and many saved works which I don't have the space to back up on.

No Events found!