Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2014 03:00

Sound card not detected

My system is not detecting my sound card, i tired running the audio driver again, still didn't work, i format the system still. i don't even know what to do next.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 5th, 2014 06:00

If you perform a system recovery and the audio is still not detected then the audio hardware on the motherboard has failed. In that case contact tech support if you are still under warranty.

If you need more help please reply back and include the full model name of your laptop and the name of the operating system you use.

1 Message

October 6th, 2014 03:00

Hi,

I am using an Alienware M17X (R4) about a week ago the speakers just stop working and there is no sound. I am wondering if the soundcard have stop working for some reason. I tried using the dell support but nothing was detected.

Please advice.

Thank you

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 7th, 2014 05:00

about a week ago the speakers just stop working

Hello. Plug in headphones and see if there is any audio though the headphone jack.

Download and re-install the Creative audio driver from the Alienware M17xR4 support page.

October 7th, 2014 06:00

Hello partner, try this.

Play a random piece of media and toggle that their mute control function on your audio functions on the bottom right of your abbra cadabbra thing.  Keep it playing and toggle the mute a few times.  It may realign to your input jack.  You may have to mosey to the control panel and check your audio jack settings too.

Good luck partner.

No Events found!