Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2012 18:00

Sound coming from my speakers is High pitched noise

Hi this better post this time, it deleted the first time.

Ok a week ago my daughter got a headset from turtlebeach. She connected it to my laptop. She tried to install teamspeak, when doing this install for some reason it wouldnt work and gave high pitched noise.. So i told her to unplug the headset and turn off the laptop. Today i turn it on and tried to watch something but i could hear my voice coming thru the speakers. Then it turned into a very high pitched noice, that wouldnt stop. So my husband took over. He got the sound to work on shows/music. But only by muting the microphone option. So I am trying to figure out how to make the appropriate fix and not a temp fix. Bc if i later want to use the microphone i.e.on skype or something it will not work. It will give me the high pitch noise (the sound is like a million crickets being murdered). Does anyone know how to properly resolve this issue with out temp fixes? Id like it to work like it did b4 before. I tried the restore point option but there wasnt a time/date that was old enough. Has anyone come across this problem? I have a Dell Laptop N5050 with windows 7 just got it in may 2012. Please help im going nuts!

Thanks

Linda 

July 9th, 2012 07:00

Hi LittleReds7722(Linda),

Welcome to the Dell Community.

I am sorry to read that you are having this problem; I hope that I will be able to help.

From the details that you have provided - you might be getting a feedback if the mic on your system is directly playing back on your speakers. So , heres what i would suggest.

Step 1: Try unchecking the box that says " Listen to this Device" in your internal mic properties.

To do this:

1. Click on the Start Button.
  2. Click on Control Panel.

In "Control Panel" we need to click on "Sound" - if you have found it move on to the next step "3"

else click on "Hardware and Sound" and then click on "Sound"

3.     In the Sound Window that opens up:

• Click on the TAB that says "Recording"
  • Highlight "Internal Mic" by clicking on "Internal Mic" if you are using the in-built mic and not an external one.
  • Click on "Properties" on the bottom right of that window

You will get a new window that says "Internal Mic Properties"

• Click on the TAB that says "Listen".
  • Uncheck the box that says "Listen to this device".
  • Now click on "Apply"
  • And then click on "ÖK"

Now Trying playing your Music and also check on Skyoe if the issue is resolved.

If not, try the additional steps listed below:'

Step 2:

• As above, go into the "Ïnternal Mic Properties"
  • Click on the TAB that says "Microphone Enhancements"
  • Check the box that says "Disable all/microphone Enhancements"

Step 3:

• You can also try reinstalling the latest audio drivers by clicking on the link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=DMXFP&FileId=2731103797&productCode=inspiron-15-intel-n5050&urlProductCode=False

• `You might also want to try and uninstall the "teamspeak" application as an additional step if the issue was first noticed when that applcaition was installed.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

DELL-Ritesh Gu

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at: http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!