Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Speakers popping on Inspiron i7559

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,  my components had to be replaced,  if you are within 21 days of purchase you can still get an exchange of your laptop.  I posted in this topic within the first week,  but that didn't count as addressing dell about the problem.  Didn't know about the 21 day rule.

Good luck

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I get this issue when I play 4K videos on google chrome. There is a popping/static sound, 

Tried all the above workarounds but the issue is still there for Google Chrome

On IE there is no issue playing 4K videos. There is some workarounds for google chrome fix, but that did not help. 

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This seems to work. The windows driver seems to have less 'reverb' than the Realtek one. I hope Realtek comes up with an updated driver soon. The windows driver doesn't have the "squel" that you get with the Realtek drivers.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I don't know if you found a solution yet, but in case you haven't here's what worked for me:

The crackling (for my 7559 laptop at least) came from the sub woofers built in, the default level for them is 100%. What I did was:

Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Sound>Playback>Right click on Realtek>Properties> Level> and set the level of the internal sub woofers to 80% 

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem since getting my laptop a few days ago. I tried most of the solutions that people have suggested on here but to no avail. However I did find that using Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome was considerably better, Chrome was practically unusable on some videos, especially on YouTube. 

I've managed to get Dell to take my laptop back and try and repair it however, and if they can't fix it then I will deal with using Edge, but hopefully it won't come to that

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Got the same problem under windows 10 with a Dell i7559 (SSD version, i5 6300HQ). Spent around 5 hours on this, so this is my report (yes, I fixed it at last):

My speakers worked fine (in all sense: no noise at all when using them), the problem was when I tried to use the headphone jack.

Here goes all the things I struggled with, may be one of these does the trick for you (google to get more info on each).

- Tried updating drivers - didn't work.

- Tried fighting against goddam windows 10 which insisted in installing an old driver on top of the one I installed - didn't work.

- Tried using DFX instead of the Dell Maxx Audio Super Ultra Piece of *** - didn't work.

- Modified the registry for the Dell Maxx Whatever not to turn on and off my sound card in the name of the sacred and holy power management - didn't work.

- Tried changing the bit depth and sample rate to all possible values - didn't work.

- Updated the BIOS - Et voi là! Works like a charm now ❤️

Note: I'm using the latest realtek drivers. You can get them from the realtek site (which ***). I'll make you a favor and tell you that you want to download the "High Definition Audio Codec (Software)" from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads. Yes. The word "driver" isn't there, but trust me, we're talking about BAD people here. Also, you can get the BIOS from the Dell site. Just google "Dell drivers", go for the first link and MAKE SURE YOU CHOOSE THE RIGTH COMPUTER MODEL OR YOU CAN SEROUSLY DAMAGE YOUR COMPUTER BY INSTALLING THE WRONG BIOS. Triple check that you are doing it right and close all other applications before updating.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks a million, I've been trying to fix the squeak for a while to no avail. I have been true all the steps listed above except when i visited the realtek site I couldn't find the drivers for the sound chip and I gave up. Your solution

"You can get them from the realtek site (***). I'll make you a favor and tell you that you want to download the "High Definition Audio Codec (Software)" from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads. " lead me directly to the drivers. 

So far, its working flawlessly! Someone should post the link on the amazon review website.

Apart from that problem, the laptop works great. The BIOS update is a must for a lot of other issues as well.

Thanks again !

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hey,

Do i need to download the 2 software?

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Only if you are getting sound problems. I would recommend updating the BIOS as it fixes a lot of issues.

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

i know that there is a risk to update bios.

is it ok?