Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 31st, 2011 14:00

Strange glitch noises when watching videos, listening to music for Dell Inspiron 1545

I'm not sure what other way to describe what is happening other than when I watch videos and listen to music, this glitch noise, or buzzing noise sounds about every ten seconds or so. I've done everything that I know, scan for viruses, reinstall software. I'm not a techie, I use my Inspiron 1545 laptop for school, music, and web, I don't put it though anything strenuous. Everything else works fine except this problem.

Thanks for your help.

November 4th, 2011 09:00

Jim,

I Tried the instructions, installed older version of Audio Drivers, Still Does it, I played a Song with length of 3:54, and it did it Seven Times through out the song, and if you replay song, it does NOT repeat same spots each time, they vary. About three weeks ago I did a DataSafe Restore from Factory, and it started about a week after, then I redid the same restore last week with NO MS Updates or Dell Updates, straight from Restore, tried a sample video from Laptop that was included in the Factory Restore, Did it then too. So I doubt it is a MS Update. I had not done any updates whatsoever, No Service Pack update, Not one MS Update, nor Dell. I am wondering if it could of been a glitch from the DataSafe Restore, Maybe I need to wipe drive completely, do a Restore from Disc and Drivers Disc. I purchased the laptop Feb. 2010, It has played flawlessly up until the Factory Restore from DataSafe 3 Weeks ago. So Warranty is Gone, So I Will keep looking And see it that will solve it. May try that Disc Restore.

Thanks Again,

Mick Barker Sr.

Yes indeed Jim, my problem started with a disc restoration. I tried the partition restoration too, same results. :( I'm a rap musician and my dell was working great with my Fruit Loops. Adobe Audition and Hip Hop Ejay, and now i can't even watch a simple video at youtube!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

Well I'm stumped. Interesting to note that Telekinesiz's problem was also coincident to restoring.

By the way, My OS is Win 7 Home Premium x64 Bit, SP1, Came Preinstalled on 1545

6 Posts

November 4th, 2011 10:00

It looks like we are all running the same operating system, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Like Mick Barker Sr, I bought my laptop around the same time, early March 2010 and have had absolutely no problems with it until recently.  I purchased mine off of one of the home shopping networks, QVC, which was running a sale on it at the time.

I agree that it makes sense that an update may be to blame, since this is affecting multiple users around the same time. I just can't think of what it is. I uninstalled Windows Updates from last week, but I still have the grinding/skipping on audio and video. I even uninstalled Dell DataSafe since I don't use it anyway, but it wasn't any help. I've done searches online to see if the same problem is happening for users of other laptops or operating systems, but I haven't found anything. Strange...

November 4th, 2011 13:00

Tried the old codec, nothing happens. :(

12 Posts

November 5th, 2011 15:00

I also tried the old drivers, and nothing seems to have happened.

12 Posts

November 6th, 2011 12:00

A possible fix was found over at this thread: en.community.dell.com/.../19412524.aspx

Basically, you have to download the driver here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?ProductID=2101&DwnldID=20215&lang=eng&iid=dc_rss  and that seems to fix the problem.  Apparently Windows Update messes up and installs the wrong driver for your hard drive, hence the skippiness.  Remember that if you see an optional update for "Intel - Storage - Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller" in Windows Update after you install the driver, DO NOT INSTALL IT.  It is what probably caused the problem in the first place, and if you download it again, you'll have to install the new driver again.

Hopefully this fix will work for everyone who has this problem.  Good luck!

November 6th, 2011 13:00

Ohhh yeahhhhhhhhhh i'm so happy, the problem is fixeddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!! mad, mad, very mad props to all of you for your valuable help and specially to ThePine for his superb solution to this annoying problem. Yeah, FIXED! I'm in love with my 1545 again! I'm gonna do a song right now, yeah! Thank YOU!

14 Posts

November 16th, 2011 17:00

Incorrect response remove - ignore me as I don't know how to delete it.  Sorry.

November 18th, 2011 00:00

I'm experiencing the same issue, though my machine is an INSPIRON N7110. I've had this problem for two or three  days now after doing a "Just to be sure" System Restore. I've downloaded drivers and all that good stuff that was reccomended in another post but it didn't seem to work.

Any ideas? :(

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

November 18th, 2011 05:00

I've had this problem for two or three  days now after doing a "Just to be sure" System Restore.

What is a "Just to be sure" System Restore.? If you think that caused the problem have you tried undoing it?

November 19th, 2011 09:00

After discovering some tracking cookies via McAfee I freaked out a little and did a system restore to two-days-prior (prolly shoulda just said that huh >_<). I haven't given any thought about undoing a System Restore because I've installed a few things in the time I've had this issue and am hesitant because I fear for losing them. I could always give it a try, but if it doesn't work I dunno what else to do.

1 Message

November 20th, 2011 20:00

Please disregard my post. I can't figure out how to delete it... But thanks for the fix! I've been looking forever

1 Message

November 28th, 2011 08:00

Hey all. Just wanted to add to this answer, (sorry if I'm doing it wrong I just joined!) I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 lappy running Windows 7 home premium aswell. Bought it direct from Dell last November and had no probs until a matter of weeks ago when this particular audio/visual problem occured. I first noticed it when trying to play back cds I'd ripped to my Windows media player library, then also when watching Youtube videos. Tried all manner of basic stuff as previously mentioned in this thread, and Googled, and quite frankly gave up! Had another go today and found this thread (thank the lordy!) :emotion-2: After trying to understand the jargon (lol) and taking in the suggestions and viewpoints, I ended up going to my device manager---- clicking the little arrow to the left of 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers----clicking on Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI controller----going to the driver tab and selecting roll back driver....This changed it to: version 8.9.0.1023  date= 04/06/2009.........After a restart it's CURED! I have been watching multiple youtube videos and it hasn't happened ONCE so far! (Fingers crossed) I came back to post on here and hadn't seen this second page, or the post I'm now replying to lol! So a lucky guess basically :emotion-4: I don't know wether the driver THEPINE mentions is the old one or a totally new, and wether I've just done something slightly different or the same thing in a different way?! But there's my story, and I hope it helps peeps, and a massive thankyou to the others on this thread for their research and input too! :emotion-11:

No Events found!