Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 27th, 2009 14:00

Studio 15 Notebook (1555) Production and Shipping Time

Nearly two weeks ago (May 15th, 2009) I ordered a Studio 15 which entered the production phase May 18th, with an estimated arrival date of June 8th, 2009, and is still in production today. What I would like to know is weather or not I should expect to wait the full 24 days for my laptop, which I need June 1st as I am starting college, or if it will perhaps arrive earlier.

I understand that having upgraded to a 9 cell battery a backlit keyboard and added Microsoft Office home and student may slightly delay the arrival date even though none said they would when selected but I'm having a hard time understanding why I should wait nearly a month where as others complain that it takes under two weeks (with similar or greater upgrades). Let me know your experience and what I may expect. It would be greatly appreciated. 

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 27th, 2009 15:00

Only way to know is call and ask - no one here can tell you.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

May 27th, 2009 16:00

It's the only way you'll be able to get any information on delivery time - if you order a custom built system, lead time varies by configuration.

Will they be able to tell me exactly where it is in production or only as much information as is given online or through the automated phone service?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Have you read what I've written?  NO ONE HERE can tell you that.  They may only be able to estimate the time even if you call - if you need the system by June 1, and the estimated date is June 8, cancel the order and buy at Best Buy, etc. - you won't be able to customize the system and you may pay more, but you'll get the system by your deadline.

I've not spoken to a representative if that's what your suggesting.

1 Message

June 2nd, 2009 05:00

You will have to call them or email but don't hold out much hope that you'll get a straight answer - or even that the answer offered is correct.  You are likely going to have to cancel and go elsewhere.  I've been dealing with something similiar with an Inspiron for over a week now. 

June 2nd, 2009 16:00

Great, and as of today they posted the new arrival date to be june 15th i needed the thing by today but was willing to wait the extra week because i can get by but next week im sol if i dont have it and everytime i call im redirected and ultimately disconnected or just sent to the automated tracker which tells me what i already know from online

if they told me why it should take a month to make and ship what most people get in half the time id be more understanding but with no validation i can only assume they put it to the side and forgot or generaly just dont care about the individual customer

3 Posts

July 2nd, 2009 10:00

I ordered my Studio 15 on June 19 and received it yesterday.  A full 12 days ahead of schedule.  Dell even called me to advise of the early delivery.  I love it!!

No Events found!