Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2014 04:00

Studio 1555: No Booting, Black Screen, 6 Beeps

Hi Guys,

I think I am facing problems with graphics/motherboard in my studio 1555 laptop.

The problem started as follows: After Hibernating my system, when I was trying to so system resume, the message appeared it is not able to recognize AC adapter. I pressed F1 to continue. But it couldn't resume.After switching off power button the message appeared : a) try to continue with System Resume or b) delete Restore data and go to boot option.

I selected 2nd option. It took a lot of time to boot but incidentally it booted. Then the system installed some windows update but after restarting the system, the windows didn't boot and now only black screen appears with beeps. The beep pattern at power on is as follows: one long beep then 2 quick beeps followed by 6 beeps at regular interval of time.

Note: I would like to mention the system had excessive heating problem and it was heated when it installed  windows updates.

I have tried draining out residual power, let the system cool off and then booting up but no luck. Still I am getting beeps. Can I left the system beeping for 10-15 minutes to check whether it boots or not as I read for one person in the forum it worked. Will it damage the system further.

Would really appreciate for quick guidance that  if further troubleshooting requires or if any replacement is required?

Thanks,

Pritam Deo

4 Posts

Thanks EJN63 for the reply. 

Do you mean the motherboard (which includes videocard too in case of studio 1555) by mainboard?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The video chip has failed -- the mainboard needs to be replaced.

No Events found!