Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2013 20:00

Studio 1555 esata won't connect

I purchased a NexStar hard drive dock. My laptop will not recognize it if I attempt to use esata. USB works fine. Have the latest version of BIOS installed and esata set to AHCI.

2.6K Posts

May 17th, 2013 05:00

Hello Bumpbk,

As you have mentioned that the USB works fine for the NexStar hard drive dock, please help me understand if you have connected the USB connector to the same USB and eSATA combo port. 

You may also try updating the chip-set drivers and see how it goes.

4 Posts

May 17th, 2013 15:00

Thanks for the reply.

I updated chip set drivers. Did not fix problem.

I'm not sure I understand your question. The device has both an eSATA and USB 3.0 port on it so you can use either one. USB works fine connected via any port on laptop. The device is not recognized by the PC when connected via eSATA.

here is the drive dock i'm using: www.newegg.com/.../Product.aspx

4 Posts

May 17th, 2013 22:00

Sorry, I finally understand the question. I hadn't tried it before but the dock will not work via USB if it is plugged into the eSATA/USB combo port.

2.6K Posts

May 20th, 2013 07:00

Hello Bumpbk,

Thank you for replying. As you have said that the dock would not work via USB if it is plugged into the eSATA/USB combo port, I would like to know if you have tried updating the chip-set drivers. If not, please try updating the chip-set drivers mentioned in my previous post.

4 Posts

May 24th, 2013 14:00

Allan,

I had tried updating chipset drivers but it did not fix the problem. I sent that dock back and purchased a different brand (Orico) and it works fine. I will note that the first device was a dual bay, while the new one is a single bay although I was only attempting to connect one drive at a time. In the end, the problem did not seem to be my PC but the docking bay.

Thanks again for your assistance.

2.6K Posts

May 27th, 2013 07:00

Hello Bumpbk,

Thank you for the update. Please write back to the forum if you need any further assistance.

No Events found!