Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 19th, 2013 08:00

Studio 1555 won't turn on

Hello. I just used my laptop last night. I had no issues with it and it shut down correctly. But when I got up this morning, I was unable to to turn it on. I checked the battery and it appears to be dead. So I tried just plugging in the AC Adapter, which is working fine and is definitely getting power, but the computer will not turn on still. There are no lights, no fans, nothing. The screen is black. The only light I have is the small LED that indicates when the battery is charging. Whenever I click the power button, that flashes. That's all I get. Any ideas?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

May 19th, 2013 12:00

Hi luvthatmolson,

I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds.  Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors.

I would also like to know if the LED on the Ac Adapter is on when it is connected to the system. Please reply to this post for further assistance.

1 Message

October 6th, 2013 10:00

I have the same problem with my studio 1555, I removed the battery and disconnected the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds, reconnected (2) different ac adapters (each time discharging capacitors, each adapter glowing blue connector) with no power to laptop.

Any more suggestions?

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

October 7th, 2013 07:00

Hi desscope,

Thank you for the trouble shooting steps tried. Since the system is not turning on even with a known good Ac adapter, I suspect the motherboard is faulty. Check if you can run diagnostics on the hardware components. Press and hold the Fn key and power on the computer. Also refer to the following link for assistance:

http://dell.to/16KQ3r0

Let me know if you are able to run diagnostics. In case you are unable to launch diagnostics, as suggested you may consider replacing the motherboard.

No Events found!