Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 6th, 2009 08:00

Studio 17 backlit keyboard problems

I have had multiple ongoing problems with my keyboard since receiving the Studio 17. I will be typing along and lose everything or get inserted indentations with the text being changed to italics. Clicking on the undo button will return the text when it is deleted but doesn't seem to help with the indentation issues or change in text format. Additionally, the keypad quite often does not recognize repeat key strokes, i.e., an entry of $222.00 will be $2.00 or maybe $22.00. The eject button along the keyboard panel at the top doesn't work at all and I have to go into "my computer" and tell the machine to eject any DVD. None of this occurs on an external keyboard and I have replaced the original keyboard shipped with the laptop once. The BIOS has also been updated. I've been working with the company that sold me the computer but they are as stumped as I am. None of us are computer novices and yet we still can't figure this out.

I'm curious if any other Studio users have run up against this issue and, if so, were they able to resolve it.

Thanks in advance!

190 Posts

December 11th, 2009 15:00

I have a studio 16 xps and have similar problems. I have been thinking it might be shortcut keys that I hit in error. I am not sure of this though and have not pursued it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 11th, 2009 18:00

CecileYount,

A couple of things to try. I used to think the same thing. First thing to try is go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number. The under input devices, download, in your browser, the touchpad drivers, then restart your computer.

Second thind to try is to change the settings in the little touchpad near the clock. I used to think that I had lazy wrists and would accidentally touch the touchpad with my wrists causing the problems.

Third, I usually move the mouse to the top of the page where nothing can happen if I would accidentally click on it.

Rick

No Events found!