Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2015 15:00

Studio 17: missing windows 10 drivers

Hello,

I've tried to install Windows 10 on my Studio 1737 (currently running Windows 7)

I wasn't able to find better/newer than a Windows 7 Intel PM45 chipset driver version

After that install 2 devices where not correctly installed: Ven:Dev 8086:2448 & 8086:2919

Additionally the Bluetooth 370 module doesn't show up in the peripheral list.

So does any body succeed installing Windows 10 on Studio 1737 ?

1.2K Posts

November 16th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

I would like to keep you informed that this system is not tested for windows 10. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected .

However if you are working with previous version of windows and there are certain missing drivers then do send the service tag of the system (via private message ) and also screen shot of the device manager so that I can assist you with the link of the drivers.

Regards,

3 Posts

November 17th, 2015 15:00

Hi Jennifer,

I know that Studio 17 are said not Windows 10; but it's only a question of DELL's willing to make them compatible with windows 10.

Is DELL intention to kill these,still, fully functional computer by stopping maintenance on it ?

Is DELL managing programmed obsolescence on their computers ?

I would very sad to discover that the answer to my question are : True :emotion-7:

Note: My company throw out all our Optiplex 745 to garbage as they where incompatible with Windows 7 due to DELL lock in the BIOS (SLIC lock); but Windows 7 run flawlessly on them without this lock: so DELL seems to be accustomed to programmed obsolescence. :emotion-6:

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 17th, 2015 23:00

Install this and see if the unknown devices clear up:

downloadcenter.intel.com/.../20775

1.2K Posts

November 18th, 2015 04:00

Hi,

Given in this situation I can only say that we have drivers for windows 7 and windows vista for specific model of optiplex and studio systems.

Regards,

No Events found!