Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

November 12th, 2008 16:00

Studio 1735 screen flicker and customer service issue

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I normally do not do this sort of thing but I am so frustrated with Dell customer service and my new Studio I thought I should get this off my chest.

My girlfriend purchased a Studio 1735 for me for my birthday. It was recieved a few weeks ago but I did not get it until my bday which was last week. From the very first day I opened it and booted windows I hav had a screen flicker problem.

I contacted customer support and all they tell me is that since it is over 30 days that you have had it they cannot do anything about exchanging it. They do offer for me to ship it back and they may replace the LCD.

I tried explaining that it was not used/activated until last week because it was a gift, but that does not seem to matter to them. I do not want to send it in b/c I have been down this road before where they replace your parts with refurbished junk and/or create more problems. All I want is simply a replacement.

Has any one else expereinced the screen flicker when typing on the lower left part of the screen ? is this a common issue ?

For a huge company like Dell you think they would offer better cx service than this. I can tell you this will be my last purchase if I do not receive any help.

Thanks

No Responses!
No Events found!