Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 15th, 2009 11:00

Studio 1737 & Dell Webcam Central

I'm not sure where to post exactly so let's try this out.  I have the Studio 1737 running Vista 64. It came with Dell Webcam Central preinstalled and in that program there is a tab for audio effects to use during video chats (I used it during Skype calls). However, my HD crashed and Dell sent me a new HD. I installed Vista on it and all of the drivers/applications from the disks that came with the laptop.  Now, Webcam Central does not have the tab for audio effects anymore...and I can find no information anywhere about this program such as what the latest version is, where to download from, etc.  Creative customer service points me to Dell, and Dell had me download Webcam Manager-which by the way is not supported for my system- so I figured they know something I don't. So after the 140 mb download and install, I open it and - big surprise- it tells me to install the correct drivers for my webcam. I already have the cam working in everything else, so I'm not about to mess with all that when it clearly says Webcam Manager is for the Inspiron.  Anyway, I'm just baffled at why Webcam Central is now missing a menu option and I'm getting pretty frustrated not being able to find out ANY info about the cause.   BTW, Webcam Central is v1.01.05.  I've tried reinstalling from the disk and still no change.  Also, the My Dell Downloads site doesn't work for my system, so I'm completely lost now.  Any help at all is GREATLY appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 15th, 2009 14:00

Malcom0,

To install the version of the webcam you're looking for, go to Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag number. Look under input devices and download the Creative labs drivers. This will have what you're looking for. My version is 1.01.05 and has the tab.

Second problem...

To use the Dell download manager you must have the Windows .net framework installed (use Windows update).  Though it's not made clear by Dell, you DO NOT need the manager.  Go into your browser settings and delete all Dell cookies (or clear all your browser cache).  Then go back and choose "download using my browser" when you select the file for download.  You will then not need the Dell download manager at all.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 16th, 2009 11:00

Malcom0,

Mine looks like this...

Rick

8 Posts

October 16th, 2009 11:00

Well first off, thank you for the quick reply...I re-downloaded the drivers with no change.  I guess I'll just have to deal with it...it's just annoying me that I can't figure out what would cause the effects tab to not show up.  I've never put so much time into such a small problem with no solution. It just irritates me that I can't fix it and it's gonna keep eating away at me till I come up with at least the cause of it.  Thank you for your help anyway, I appreciate it.

8 Posts

October 16th, 2009 14:00

That's exactly what mine looked like before the HD crash. Now I have this...

I'm just at a total loss as to what the problem is.  Dell has been great previously with the support, but it's as if Webcam CENTRAL has disappeared completely from programs they help troubleshoot on their systems. I've gone to the site and updated EVERY driver for my system on their site with nothing changing for this one stupid little program/feature!  I know it's gonna be something simple if I ever do find out the cause, I must be overlooking something...

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 16th, 2009 14:00

Malcom0,

Did you download the CREATIVE-LABS_INTEGRATED-WEB_A06_R213648.exe from HERE? I recently changed my computer from Vista 32-bit to Vista 64-bit and installed the drivers manually. Don't remember if I installed the Webcam drivers from the CD first, then from the website or if I just installed them from the website.

Rick

8 Posts

October 17th, 2009 02:00

well, like I said, something stupid. Here's what I needed-

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/format.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&deviceid=16518&libid=3&releaseid=R226903&vercnt=3&formatcnt=0&SystemID=studio1737&servicetag=FV2VYH1&os=WLH&osl=en&catid=-1&dateid=-1&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&impid=-1

I know I had all the updated drivers, but this one for sound was updated 10/12/2009.  Audio effects work now, don't know why they wouldn't before, just assuming the driver was the problem all this time, although they worked on the old drivers before. Whatever, I can sleep at night knowing it's been solved and hope this might help someone else out like it would have helped me.  Thanks for all the help on this Rick...Very much appreciated.

Phil

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 17th, 2009 02:00

Phil,

GREAT JOB! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. Glad you got it working. That was the Audio driver. I installed all the drivers in order, so that might be why I had it and you didn't.

How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems

I think the picture from my Studio 1737 helped.

Take car,

Rick

January 28th, 2011 21:00

WOW .....it is so easy to find the right software on dells webiste.....all you had to do was go to www.dell.com and click tech support and then click on my account and then sign in and the scroll down till you see download factory installed software and then click it and you will see where you can download web cam central (consumer) it is by creative and for windows 7 ...... easy as can be ....... you can also download facial recognition software as well.............i dont see why everyone has to blame dell dont get me wrong you would think they would make it easier to get to the download for the web cam a little easier to find but it is there..........................also if your computer is still under warranty all you got to do is call dell and tell them that the web cam central cd was not in the package with your other cds and tell them you need it and they will send it to you as well but your computer must be under warranty or you will ahve to pay for the cd ....................

8 Posts

January 31st, 2011 17:00

WOW .....it is so easy to find the right software on dells webiste.....all you had to do was go to www.dell.com and click tech support and then click on my account and then sign in and the scroll down till you see download factory installed software and then click it and you will see where you can download web cam central (consumer) it is by creative and for windows 7 ...... easy as can be ....... you can also download facial recognition software as well.............i dont see why everyone has to blame dell dont get me wrong you would think they would make it easier to get to the download for the web cam a little easier to find but it is there..........................also if your computer is still under warranty all you got to do is call dell and tell them that the web cam central cd was not in the package with your other cds and tell them you need it and they will send it to you as well but your computer must be under warranty or you will ahve to pay for the cd ....................

Well, as I mentioned, the My Dell Downloads site doesn't work for my system for whatever reason.  So I'm glad that YOU don't have the problem I did.  I had already tried your "SO EASY" method, but since it didn't work, I looked for help on the forums here, which Rick helped me out with very quickly: over a year ago. Thanks anyway for letting me know how EASY this should have been for me. Also, I think it's perfectly fine to blame Dell for not making some things on their site more accessible.  As much as I like the company, they could definitely work on their site a bit.

1 Message

January 1st, 2012 08:00

I know this thread is really old, but I wanted to thank you for posting all of this.  I was having the exact same problem after a hard drive failure.  I downloaded the webcam central software from Dell, but no audio effects.  It was driving me crazy.  I updated my audio driver - which I thought was okay - and now it works.  Thanks so much!

May 14th, 2012 10:00

I just upgraded my Studio 1737 from Vista 64 to Windows 7 32 bit.  There appears to be NO suport from Dell for Windows 7 32 bit. I see no advantage whatsoever to 64 bit on a machine with 3gb of ram.  Will Dell ever support the more appropriate 32 bit drivrs?

Please i am really in need of 32bits windows 7 drivers for integrated camera driver, Bluetooth driver and video driver, please help

3 Posts

June 17th, 2017 11:00

I know this is an old posting but I have exactly the same problem!

I, too, have downloaded everything listed but to no avail , I simply can't get my webcam to work and cannot find "Webcam Central Software/drivers".

I have a Studio 1737 with Windows 7.

If anybody can help me.....PLEASSSSSSSEEEE

No Events found!