Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 22nd, 2009 08:00

Studio 1737 esata port not working

The esata port on my Studio 1737 laptop is not working.  When I go into the BIOS to check the settings there is an esata option, but it has no settings to configure it - it just says none.  There is an esata port on my laptop so I assumed it came with one.  What, if anything, can I do to get this to work?  Thanks for any advice.  <>< Bob

8 Posts

March 9th, 2011 20:00

Just wondering the resolution for this problem.  I just bought a refurbished Studio 1737 and can't get anything out of the eSata port.  I've read several posts about Dell's problems with eSata ports and it doesn't look good at this point. 

Did I get a boat anchor / paperweight here or can something be done to get the port working?  I figured I wouldn't be able to afford a similarly equipped laptop with a USB3 port so I figured eSata would do for the time being.  Now I find out I'm stuck with USB2 speeds.:emotion-9:

8 Posts

March 27th, 2011 19:00

I guess either Dell doesn't monitor this forum or they don't care.

Anyone have an answer for these non-functional eSATA ports on the Dell Studio 1737?

8 Posts

May 25th, 2011 18:00

Just contacted Dell via an online Chat.  The agent said I needed a new motherboard to correct the problem and it would require a return to depot.  I don't trust Dell to make the repair or to return my system in working order in a timely manner so I'm stuck with this problem.  The moral of the story is, never buy a refurbished Dell product.  They don't check their systems before they send them out.  My system was advertised as coming with an eSATA port and one year warranty.  Now I find out that warranty was 1/2 expired before I took delivery because it set on the Computer Geeks that long.  This laptop was my first and last experience with Dell refurbished products and the last time I'll ever do business with Computer Geeks.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

No Events found!