Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2013 14:00

Studio 1737 not reading CD/DVD

My Studio 1737 has stopped reading all CD/DVD's.  The "autorun" does not function and when I use the "Start," "Computer, "Drive E: (CD/DVD drive), it ejects the disk and asks for a CD/DVD.

The last time I used it was when I installed WordPerfect X5.  I really want to load Windows 7, but cannot due to this problem.  I have reloaded the drivers 3 times in the last 2 days.  I cannot play movie DVD's or music CD's.  Massive frustration on this end.

I appreciate any and all help!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2013 14:00

Will the system boot from a Windows 7 DVD?  If not, it's not a driver problem - it's a faulty drive you'll need to replace.

July 14th, 2013 15:00

The system cannot boot from a Windows 7 64 bit install disk.  However, it now plays music cd's (no answer for that one) but still will not read the Windows install disk or play DVD's.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 14th, 2013 16:00

The DVD laser has failed (there are separate lasers for the DVD and CD in the drive) - you'll need a replacement drive.

4 Operator

• 

2.6K Posts

July 16th, 2013 09:00

Hello Tzabarauskas,

In addition to what Ejn63 has said, you may also refer to the article on Troubleshooting CD, DVD or Blu-Ray Drive Issues and check how it goes.

Hope this helps!

No Events found!