Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2015 11:00

Studio 1745 Touchpad issue

Studio 1745 Touchpad stopped working...Cursor is functional, but Touchpad will not register right or left clicks.

Installed external mouse and this is fully functional.

The items installed under "Mice & other pointing devices" have the most recent drivers..

Ran Diagnostics (F12) - Passed all elements.

If I uninstall drivers, will the external mouse still be functional so that I install new drivers?  Not sure where to do from here.  Any and all advice sincerely appreciated. 

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

April 26th, 2015 11:00

Hi Sara,

Appreciate the steps tried.

Try uninstalling the current Touchpad driver from Device Manager. To uninstall go to Device Manager, expand Mice and Pointing device, right click on the Touch pad listed, click uninstall, put a check mark in the box for Delete this driver software, click OK.
Reboot the system and check under Programs and Features if Dell Touchpad is gone from that list. If it is still there uninstall and again reboot the system. After rebooting the system download and install the Touchpad driver. Click on the link below, select the Operating system from the dropdown list, click on touchpad under Mouse, Keyboard & Input Devices to download the driver.

http://dell.to/1z9EC0f

Hope this helps.

12 Posts

April 26th, 2015 12:00

`Hi Sujatha,

Thanks for the reply.  I did follow all the steps outlined above, letter for letter, and verified that the new driver was onboard.  Unfortunately, the problem persists....

Are there any further steps I can take to resolve this issue?

Sara

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

April 26th, 2015 21:00

Hi Sara, 

Thank you for trying the suggested steps.  

Please click on the link below to check the warranty of the system. In case the system is under warranty, send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.
http://dell.to/15xK2TQ

Contact Out of warranty department If the system is not under warranty, the number is 800-288-4410 if you are in US region. In case you belong to a different region, let me know the region you belong to, to provide you the contact information.

No Events found!