Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

March 11th, 2011 19:00

Studio 1749 High Temps 2nd Hard Drive

I received a Studio 1749 as a replacement back in August 2010. So far I have had to have the keyboard, touchpad, hard drive and (2) wireless cards replaced due to failure.

Now my system keeps getting very hot. It get almost unusably hot when I try and put a hard drive in the 2nd hard drive bay. I have the dell caddy, interposer, screws etc for the 2nd bay. When I put a hard drive in it and copy files etc it gets so hot that it pushes the actual operating temps of the hard drive which is above 60 degrees celcius.

I have all the latest windows updates, drivers, bios etc.

I still have complete warranty for another 4.5 years.

Every time I've had to contact technical support I get the run-around and then when i finally get someone willing to help the dispatches are always delayed and I end up having to contact tech support again to get the already approved dispatch sent. Then the right parts don't always come and they never come very fast.

Right now I'm waiting on a motherboard, heatsink and ram. I have been 'assured' by tech support this will fix my problems. Of course again the dispatch was held up and the parts delayed until next week sometime.

Has anyone had any better experience and can anyone recommend any actions I can take?

Ps: On a side not I also just tried ordering a mini 1012 the other day and for some reason my order kept getting cancelled....maybe I'll just go elsewhere

17 Posts

March 15th, 2011 08:00

installed new motherboard, fan and heatsinks.

upon first boot up i got a blue screen error message 0x0000007B

tried to use dell restore partition and it said 'wrong parameters'

17 Posts

March 22nd, 2011 16:00

here is a summary of my dell dance

http://dellfail.blogspot.com/

17 Posts

April 2nd, 2011 18:00

dell has decided they want to replace my system the problem is they don't have a replacement system with a 1080p screen like i have already....not acceptable

No Events found!