Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2010 23:00

Studio 1749 Webcam lag/delay and audio issues

I'm hoping this is something simple I'm missing, but I've looked everywhere I can think of and have found nothing.

When recording video of just me talking on the built-in webcam, it is quite laggy. What I mean is, there is a delay between my movements and what appears on screen. Also, when I do record with just me talking, the playback doesn't sync with my mouth at all. I feel like I'm working with the first webcam I ever had, which was back in '98 and that much delay was expected.

This is the same whether I use the Dell Webcam software to capture, or the Pinnacle video editing software I bought.

Is there a setting somewhere to increase the number of FPS or anything that I can do to get rid of this delay. It is making it so that I can not even record video of it without it looking like some mid-90's webcam video.

Thank  you :emotion-1:

3 Posts

September 26th, 2010 23:00

Bump?

Anybody? I can't figure out why the webcam would be so slow to respond and laggy.

3 Posts

October 6th, 2010 15:00

Second Bump?

1 Message

November 13th, 2010 07:00

I have the same problem. I have an Inspiron 1720, a little over 2 years old, and the webcam has always been laggy in recording. It's not too bad when I'm talking over the internet, but I can't record video using it.

No Events found!