kranderson
1 Copper

Re: Stuttering/Buzzing Sound During Audio/Video Playback

Jump to solution

Thank you very much, Jimco, for the info!!  I did install the latest driver and seems to work!

(my temporary fix until now was to stop the Intel Matrix Storage thingy in Services...)

0 Kudos
nootch258
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Thank you also, Jimco, for the info!! I will be doing this later today. I do hope it works as well as it di for Kranderson! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again for sharing this 'fix!'

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks for the updated location of the file.  Seems to be working.  Thanks again Jim

0 Kudos
robert29
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Had the same problem, dell replace my computer, that help for a while and now it back

8 Krypton

Jump to solution

post deleted by jimco

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
nonstopsmoker
1 Copper

Jump to solution

the problem is caused by intel's wireless adapter, got that too, you can disable it in devices manager or download new drivers from intel's site. released in february of this year

0 Kudos
Highlighted
nootch258
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Jim.....you are a jewel! Thank you so very much for the 'fix' that worked beautifully! I just did it and voile!! the buzzing has completely stopped! Now I can listen to music and watch videos without that annoying interruption!

For anyone else who has a Dell Inspiron 1545 or 1750......this works!

And yes, Jim, you are a Dell Rock Star in my book!

bb

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Nonstopsmoker, thanks for your input. There are a number of different Dell laptop models that have a similar symptom of noise or glitch in the audio. There are various problems and various solutions. To avoid confusion we are trying to keep the different problems and their solutions separate. This thread is about a problem in the Inspiron 1545 and 1750 models caused by a bad Microsoft update. There  are many other threads about the wireless problem to which you refer. You might be interested in this one about the XPS 15z model. :XPS 15z Audio Crackling/Stuttering with network traffic over wireless (Latency Issue)

nootch258, thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to post them. The fix was the work of poster mao.tsetung on page 3 of this thread. About the RockStar thing, I truly appreciate the compliment but I am not a RockStar by choice. Not being one allows me the freedom to be just as critical of Dell as any other poster. RockStars must take a pledge to refrain from doing so which is not something I could in good conscience promise. Besides that, I find the name itself to be unutterly and embarrassingly passé. 

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
nootch258
6 Indium

Jump to solution

Mao.tsetung: My apologies for not complimenting you for the work done to find both the problem and the repair. Great work! Without it, many of us would still be confused and irritated.

Jimco: I take back my compliment of your being my Dell Rock Star; I did not mean to offend. But you are my knight in shining armor for helping me with this buzzing that put undue stress on both me and my computer. You replied more than any other contributor. Thank you

0 Kudos
bobel
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Had same problem on Inspiron 1750. Caused by MS driver update in June 2011 on Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller
Reverted black to previous version. Problem solved.

0 Kudos