Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2016 08:00

Switchable graphics problem

HD8670 , Installed intel drivers , then the amd ones. Set everything to highest possible. Even set minimum processor state to %100 at advanced settings of power management. I tried both plugged and unplugged. Tried 10 different games. Some of them uses steam , some of them dont. But i cant solve the problem. I tried a 2006 game disabling aa , shadows , reflections , texture filter. But still 25-30 fps. I took a look at the log files of games , and saw what? games are using intel graphics. My pc is saying me that everyting is fine about my graphics card. But its not. On youtube , i saw how my games work with onboard gpu and realised that , that videos was exactly like my PC's performance. I tried everything! Bios was no use , it has no option about graphics.

1 Message

July 12th, 2016 00:00

Same problem with my INSPIRON 15R SE. Seems like a loooot of people are getting the same problem. DELL please solve this!

2 Posts

July 15th, 2016 07:00

I just got the new Inspiron 5000 with 4GB AMD graphics card.  The software I need to use the computer for says it needs a computer with a graphics card - so that's why I bought this one.  The problem is that the software doesn't run correctly when I use the dedicated graphics, it only runs (albeit at a lower performance) when the laptop is unplugged and using the integrated Intel graphics.

Why would I buy a laptop with 4GB of dedicated graphics and have ANY need to use the Intel integrated graphics?  I'm getting tired of laptops with switchable graphics!

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 15th, 2016 14:00

What software are you trying to run?  If it needs true dedicated video, this is not the system to buy -- you either need a desktop system or a very high-end notebook (Precision mobile workstation, Alienware, etc.).  Just about everything except for the very high end notebooks has hybrid video.

There are also applications that work better with nVidia than AMD GPUs -- check your software requirements.

2 Posts

July 15th, 2016 14:00

I'm working with the Software Tech Support now, but they are telling me to uninstall and reinstall (over and over and over again).  I'm pretty sure this is out of their league.  Here are their requirements (and it says nothing about NOT using switchable graphics).  I have 16GM RAM and 4GB graphics card.  Recommending a $900 computer for a church to buy and then it not working is pretty depressing.

ProPresenter version 6 for Windows (minimum Windows specifications)

• OS:   (may run on Windows 7, but not guaranteed or supported)
       - Windows 8 Pro with Windows Media Center (more info)
       - Windows 10
  • Processor: Intel i5 or equivalent AMD processor and above
  • RAM: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: A dedicated/discrete graphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or higher is required (i.e. NVIDIA GeForce series or AMD Radeon series card with a minimum of 1GB of dedicated memory). AMD FirePro and NVIDIA Quadro cards are not recommended. Intel HD Graphics may work if they support OpenGL 3.2 (more info), but are NOT recommended or supported.
  • Stage Display: Additional output required for stage display function (third video out - PCI or USB)

NOTE: For heavy or advanced use of video (i.e. multiple video clips per slide, HD or 4k content, etc.), a faster system is advised.

No Events found!