Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2015 10:00

Switching to Discreet Nvidia Graphics from Intel Integrated graphics

Hi! I'm kinda new here so be nice.

I'm getting low fps then what I should be getting much higher fps. I have figured out the problem but it has led me to another issue. I'm trying to switch the Intel on board graphics to the NVIDIA card that is in my Alienware 13. I have done this before on other computers, but when I shutdown the computer and boot it back up it immediately goes to the boot screen then it boots into windows 8.1 I can't hit F2 like the support page says to because the screen doesn't say boot options F2. I do hit F2 and it does nothing and goes right into booting.

Any help would be appreciated :)

-Chris 

3 Posts

June 18th, 2015 15:00

I'm wondering why people are ignoring this post. I really need help with this. It's been  a week.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 18th, 2015 16:00

This system's hybrid video is entirely software controlled - there is no hardware control in system setup.

To use the nVidia GPU, use the Optimus control software on the system (under Windows).

To get into setup, you may have to press F2 multiple times beginning immediately on powerup -- but there's no option there for video.  As above, use the software to choose the GPU you want to run on a per-application basis.

No Events found!