Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2015 11:00

System Disable Error in BIOS [Dell Inspiron 15R dd21 core i7]

Hi,

I am facing a problem with my laptop. It is not accepting my bios password. After three tries, it shows screen with two items [1-System Disable(16-Digit hexadecimal code) 2-Service Tag(my laptop's service tag)].

How can I get my BIOS password reset or get a master password to access my system??

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

January 24th, 2015 11:00

You must call Dell support and verify ownership of the system.  In warranty, no charge -- out of warranty, a support call charge applies.

January 31st, 2015 18:00

to reset your bios and remove the password is really simple turn the laptop over open the back panel then look for a battery it looks like a flat disk remove the cmos battery count to 10 slowly then reinsert and turn the laptop back on it should have set your bios to factory defaults

this battery is their to save bios state while the computer is off removing it removes all saved settings in bios that was not their or set on the factory floor

they are also on tower mother boards

i fix computers for a side job my skype is pizzaparty9

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 1st, 2015 03:00

This isn't worth the effort - on Dell notebooks, the password is stored in EEPROM, not CMOS -- removing the reserve battery will not remove the password.

February 1st, 2015 03:00

I had tried it. Didn't work even discharging the capacitor. Is there any official email id where I can send an official complain?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 1st, 2015 07:00

No. Dell will only handle password resets over the phone.  You must call.

If the system is out of warranty, be sure you call the pay-per-incident number for your area, as you will need to pay for the call.

No Events found!