Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2012 18:00

System Password Dell Inspiron 6000

I installed a motherboard on my Dell Inspiron 6000. After that it would not boot up. It says I must enter a system or adminstrator password.

But my computer never had a password. So is there anyway I can bypass that Boot up from my dvd installation disc?

It has these numbers on the error message.

( Removing Service Tag : Privacy Policy )

Frank

If anyone knows this password or can tell me please do or other wise the computer is junk

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

I know there is people on youtube that say they unlock the board. I hate tear my whole computer apart again. Dell has the password they wanted me to pay alot to get it. More than an xp computer is worth! I will never buy a dell again. They are the ones that lock the motherboard not the person!

Dell didn't lock the motherboard; the previous owner did. Get that FACT into your brain.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If the board has a password, return it - there's nothing you can do to remove it (that requires the service tag and proof of ownership to Dell).

I know there is people on youtube that say they unlock the board. I hate tear my whole computer apart again. Dell has the password they wanted me to pay alot to get it. More than an xp computer is worth! I will never buy a dell again. They are the ones that lock the motherboard not the person!

I am pretty sure that after I talked to dell they did it!

It is pure and simple. For a big fee they will give you a password. They could have done that for free. But I feel they do not care enough about the customer. I mean you are mad because I asked about. What are you mad about. If you do not know a password that will unlock it. Then please do not speak. I am being kind to you. Give that in return.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Your new motherboard should be returned.

What do you mean I bought it on ebay?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 6th, 2012 19:00

Dell didn't lock anything.  The board you bought has a password stored in EEPROM on the board from a previous owner.

Return the board to the seller in exchange for a board with no password.  Simple as that.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

April 6th, 2012 20:00

I am pretty sure that after I talked to dell they did it!

It is pure and simple. For a big fee they will give you a password. They could have done that for free. But I feel they do not care enough about the customer. I mean you are mad because I asked about. What are you mad about. If you do not know a password that will unlock it. Then please do not speak. I am being kind to you. Give that in return.

You do not have a clue what you are talking about. That is all I am going to say.

No Events found!