Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2013 06:00

System not turned ON

i am using dell inspiron N5040 model . it is not turned on . i am diagnose power and without battery power ON checkup it is not working . how to find the problem? 

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 25th, 2013 06:00

Hi prm.dinesh,

Follow below steps to isolate the issue:

Remove the Battery & disconnect the AC Adapter from the system and hold the power button down for 5 seconds, to discharge “Static Flea Power”.

If this does not work try the following steps: 

1. Do you have light on AC adapter when it is connected to power socket only?
  2. If yes, then connect the adapter to laptop and check if light on adapter is still ON.
  3. If yes, try to do the following step, computer needs to turned off then try to press FN down and then while holding FN turn on the computer and keep holding the FN down if you see any message that says running diagnostics let go of the FN key and then complete the test, and reply back if there is any error message.
  4. If it does not run any diagnostics and the computer turns off with the blinking LED please let us know

Awaiting your response!

45 Posts

February 25th, 2013 19:00

I am do this following steps it is not working.if i am connecting charger to laptop LED is not ON in battery status in system

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

February 27th, 2013 10:00

Hi Dinesh.P,

Kindly check the status of Adapter in bios by restarting the computer and tapping F2 on dell logo and check for the adapter type. Another step is to check with a known good adapter, if known good adapter works fine that means it should be an issue with the original adapter.

Connect the adapter to the computer and check if the computer works on adapter.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!