Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2017 18:00

TOUCHSCREEN uninstalled and will not come back / USB ports not working - Inspiron 11 3168

Please help!!! I opened up my computer one day and the touchscreen no longer worked as well as 2 of my USB ports. I uninstalled the HID-compliant Touchscreen driver and now it will not come back and I have no idea how to fix this problem. Can anyone give me any insight on this or some basic instruction on how to fix it?! ANY help would be tremendous. Thank you in advance! :)

Catherine

1 Message

October 29th, 2017 05:00

I had this problem under warranty and Dell replaced my I/O board and supposedly my screen's democratize. Unfortunately it's dead again. I suppose it's that I/O board again. I did notice that the headphone jack is also on that board and it's still working. So I'm wondering if it can be fixed that way. The board is only about $7 on eBay. So I suppose it's worth a try...

13 Posts

December 9th, 2017 18:00

I just had the same problem, had a logitech mouse dongle plugged in when it fell 8 inches on the floor, it seems it affected the I&O board the screen and the USB 3 ports are on, its small and can be replaced for under $10. I bought a used board for 5 bucks on ebay and replaced mine and its working fine now. They are fragile. I may buy a spare now.

532 Posts

April 5th, 2017 23:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We hear your concern. We’ll surely try and assist you. Please let us know,

1. Were there any software or hardware changes made to the system post which the touch screen and USB stopped working?
2. Are every devices connected to the USB not working or only certain devices?

As you mentioned that touch device is not listed in the Device Manager. Please try following steps and check if the issue re-occurs,

1. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers section
2. Right-click on each USB Root Hub item listed and choose Uninstall.
3. Click the “scan for hardware changes” button to refresh the driver
4. Right click on the touchscreen entry in the device manager choose settings
5. Click Power Management
6. If available, uncheck the box that states allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
7. Retest the touchscreen.

4 Posts

June 8th, 2017 01:00

That didn't work for me. There is no touchscreen entry listed after I get to step 3, and it wasn't there before then.

4 Posts

June 8th, 2017 01:00

I have this same exact problem. The touchscreen doesn't work and the two USV ports on the right don't work (the one on the left does though).  It didn't happen because I uninstalled anything though. My laptop was dropped onto carpet, only about a foot up, and then this happened. the driver isn't in the device manager, touchscreen doesn't work, and the USB ports on the right stopped working. Everything else is fine and I have no clue how to fix it.

1 Message

December 13th, 2017 13:00

I have same problem, tried all suggested fixes. laptop is a little over one year old, touch screen would die every few weeks, rebooting fixed it--until now. Now no touch screen, and both USB 2 ports dead, USB 3 OK. Unit is handled carefully and not abused. Had hardware checked out at repair place, all seems OK. Tried uninstalling drivers, re-installing, doing the power-management thing, anything I could find. What's the next step?--all very aggravating! Have also wasted too much time! Is problems hardware , Windows, BIOS, other?

No Events found!