Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 22nd, 2009 16:00

Taskbar Tabs Problem

Hello,

Normally, all your programs, web pages, etc that are open, appear as tabs on your taskbar correct? My tabs appeared on the left had side of the taskbar and were maybe.. 1.5 inches wide.

For some reason, recently, all of my tabs that appear on the taskbar are appearing very small, and only show two tabs at one time. They are now located on the right hand side of the taskbar. If I have more than two tabs open, I have to click on the up and down arrows that appear to the right of the tabs that are open in order to see my other tabs.

How can I return my tabs to their original and normal view?

This is a very irritating nuisance as I have to keep clicking up and down with the little arrow keys to dig and find my open programs, pages, etc.

Please and thank you for your help. I really appreciate your time, patience, and support 

Also, is it possible for me to post a picture of what is going on? It would be much easier to show, rather than to try to explain it. If someone is willing to help out, I am willing to send pictures to someone if needed. I would really like to fix this.

109 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 05:00

Go to start, settings, control panel, start menu and make sure that the taskbar is not locked.

You should be able to see taskbar separators? Drag the taskbar to double its height and perhaps you can see better what is going on. Try to grab a section and try to drag it where is used to be.

2 Posts

December 23rd, 2009 14:00

Success!

I followed your instructions. All I had to do was, unlock the task bar, slide the tabs around so they all were visible. Then I locked it again and now they are back to normal!

I really appreciate your help!

So, if this problem occurs, just unlock your taskbar, slide the tabs over with the move handles, and then lock it  back in place

Thanks so much!

No Events found!