Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 25th, 2016 16:00

The AC power adapter type cannot be determined. Inspiron 15 3542

Hello, from few days a have problem with my AC power adapter.

My system says: "The AC power adapter type cannot be determined... lalalala" when my Windows says Plugged in, not charging. CPU performance does not exceed 0,78GHz.

I tried to uninstall the drivers - nothing.

I tried update my BIOS - nothing.

Replace AC - nothing

Exclude malfunctioning AC adapter.

Sometimes after a few connections begins to charge my battery, and it is a day where you do not try to charge.

But I found a solution, which is always charge my battery.

when i turn off the system, and then pulled out the battery. I push the button 'power on' for 10 seconds. And then I put back the battery and plug the charger. I turn on the system and everything works.

But once again, disconnect and plug the charger that stops charging

Where is the problem?

2K Posts

September 25th, 2016 21:00

Hi WLODZIAK,

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point. Check the battery health in BIOS (if applicable).

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us.These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Since you have replaced the adapter, if the battery has good health, then then next part to be replaced would be the dc port - you would need this part - http://bit.ly/2d2vuCc

If nothing works, the motherboard might be at fault. 

If the system is under warranty, Please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name, Phone#, Address and Email). If there is no warranty, then you could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 26th, 2016 02:00

Hello, im from Poland, which probably negates the chances of a service contract sent to you.

Why charge the battery always works after the restart as described above?

2K Posts

September 28th, 2016 16:00

Hi WLODZIAK,

We do have a service center in Poland.

If the system is under warranty, we can get it fixed.

I would need the service tag of the system for the same.

The battery issue could be caused by a failing adapter, battery, dc port or the motherboard. One of these components could be causing a shortage and hence the issue.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 29th, 2016 01:00

I'm just waiting for service. I have next business day warranty ;-)

2K Posts

September 29th, 2016 15:00

Hi WLODZIAK,

I then, presume that you have already contacted our colleagues and a service call has been setup.

Should you need any info / help, contact us anytime.

No Events found!