Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 9th, 2015 17:00

The CD/DVD drive will not work on my Latitude E5530

I have tried reloading the drivers & a few other steps but am unable to get my CD/DVD drive to function properly.  The device status shows the following message:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete

I have tried looking through various sources but have not yet been able to get the problem fixed so that the drive will function again.  Currently the system shows it as offline & inserting any type of CD or DVD does not do anything at all.  

April 9th, 2015 20:00

Hi, 

Please open the registry.

Open the search option, type in regedit and open the registry.

now follow this path.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Once you are here on the right hand side if you see upper filters or lower filters, right click on them and delete. You will get a pop up message ignore and continue.

Restart the machine and check if the CD drive works.

Regards

2 Posts

April 10th, 2015 10:00

Thank you for the assistance.  I followed the steps provided and after the reboot the drive is working correctly again.  

July 26th, 2016 05:00

That didn't work for me.  The upper and lower filters were deleted and the CD ROM will still not run an audio CD.

No Events found!