Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 8th, 2009 13:00

The international warranty transfer issue

I have purchased Inspiron 14 from USA (this year Nov-2009). I have gifted it to one of my family member living in India. My question is if I fill the International ownership transfer form my warranty will also be transferred automatically? The warranty that it has is:

Dell Limited Hardware Warranty Plus Service, Initial Year, 1 Year Limited Warranty and Mail-In Service,Notebook.

I have called costumer care many a times and received varied information that make me confused.

I will be grateful if you reply as soon as possible.

Best Regards

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2009 13:00

Yes, but according to the terms of the original warranty - i.e., it would need to be returned to the USA for service.  You would need to purchase an international warranty for the system - that used to require buying a minimum of 3-years coverage on a system.  Check with Dell.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2009 14:00

Sorry it is still not clear to me. What does it mean "would need to be returned to the USA for service" . Do I need to send my laptop from India to US or dell would  do it? Kindly make it little more clear....

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

December 8th, 2009 15:00

You will pay the shipping both ways to the US if service is required.

3 Posts

December 8th, 2009 19:00

It is strange then !! The to and fro cost would be too hi probably more to repair it by paying money !! 

I am puzzled what kind of warranty it is !!

No Events found!