Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2017 13:00

Thread Stuck in Device Driver Update Bios

Hi guys ,

I currently have an Alienware 15R3 with a recurrent  (BSOD) "Thread Stuck in Device Driver ".
It recently went worse as I cannot boot into windows without this BSOD coming up.

So I have decided to update my bios (currently in A06) through safe mode.
However Murphy's law strike again as i get the "Unable to Load driver" error message when I execute the Bios update file.

So i have decided to set up a Freedos on my USB stick and I copy the Bios Update file downloaded from Dell website in order to execute the Bios Flash Update directly from the Bios (F12 on launch --> Bios Flash Update) .
However , another problem strike,  once in the GSET Bios Flash Update I cannot use the left / right arrow from the keyboard (only the ups and downs work) in order to select the bootable disk and run the program. I tried to plug another Keyboard through USB same problem .

My Bios is open and I have no restriction in paramter of anykind.

This is a story when everything goes wrong , so if anyone can help me I would really really appreciate .

Thank you guys and Best Regards

Guillaume

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 22nd, 2017 15:00

Windows 10 is on the system? How old is the system?

In the meantime.....

THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER

4 Posts

December 23rd, 2017 15:00

Hello,

I am on Windows 10 (but regarding this problem it does not matter because I try to update the bios from the bios and not windows)

Thanks for the BSOD repost however I know that this is a Bios update that is needed but I can't do it in safe mode "unable to load driver" and I cannot run the update directly in the bios because the right and left arrow are not working in the Gset flash bios upgrade menu.

Any insight :) ?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

December 24th, 2017 15:00

I would suggest posting the same question in the Alienware forum. Hopefully the good people there can help answer your question.

Alienware Forum | Alienware community - Dell

And.....

How do I post on the Alienware Forum board? - General ...

No Events found!