Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

62 Posts

September 4th, 2008 23:00

To Dell fanboys...

Do not post in any threads in regards to the G84/G86 until you have done the following:

Rather than try to shut people up about real life experiences with Dell customer support, CALL DELL CUSTOMER SUPPORT?  You are not helping anyone, and your lies and propaganda are very deceptive.

If you want to be taken seriously, go call Dell first, and ask them the same questions I did:

- How do you determine which GPUs are affected?

- How can you guarantee that the GPU in xxxx is not affected?

- Do xxxx model and yyyy model use the same GPU chip?

- If xxxx model and yyyy model use the same GPU chip, how can you say 1 is affected and the other is not, when we're talking about a known CHIP defect?

Before posting more lies, go get the answers to these 4 questions.

62 Posts

That's exactly the point, isn't it?

nVidia hasn't answered those questions, so how can Dell say 1 model is affected, and another model isn't when they both use the same chip? 

Dig your own grave faster Dell. 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Beware those with an agenda, bearing "questions" even nVidia hasn't answered.

62 Posts

September 5th, 2008 00:00

That's fine and all, but it still doesn't fix my broken DELL laptop, does it?

And I don't know how accurate it is, but I heard that upon failure during the bonus warranty period, HP are actually replacing the nVidia cards with ATI.  This is far better than anything Dell is currently offering.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

No, HP is replacing like with like - like Dell, they all have integrated video chips.

As for blaming Dell for the entire problem - well, those who bought 3-year warranties are covered.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Insert "HP", "Sony", "Toshiba", "Apple" (which hasn't extended any service plan, unlike Dell and HP), "Compaq","Acer", "ASUS", etc.   in place of Dell, with no loss of accuracy.

62 Posts

Well then HP are to be staked and burnt too.

Doesn't lift Dell off the hooks though.

Those who bought 3 year warranties are NOT covered.

Are Dell willing to cover the operational losses for the downtime when the problem strikes?

No.

Each day that their PC is down can mean $100s if not $1000s of losses to people who use it for work purposes.

Dell aren't covering those losses, are they?

So no, those who bought 3 year warranties are not covered.

Nobody is blaming Dell for the initial problem.

People are blaming Dell for their HANDLING OF THE SITUATION.

Dell have chosen to retain their political relationship with nVidia, at the detrimental cost to its customers. 

Now stop twisting words like the good little Dell fanboy that you are and do as said in the 1st post.

Now stop posting until you call Dell and ask those questions in the OP.

62 Posts

September 5th, 2008 03:00

Lol...

Another laughable post from another fanboy.

Like I said, go call the tech support as was mentioned in the first post.

The *facts* DO line up with my agenda very well.

Dell propaganda doesn't... but then that's propaganda.

Call them yourself to see how much faith their own staff have in that spin.

ejn63 was not having an intelligent and calm conversation pointing out facts.

He was using Dell propaganda to put words in my mouth.

Words I had not spoken.

> Beware those with an agenda, bearing "questions" even nVidia hasn't answered.

- I never said nVidia answered them.  Dell are "claiming" to know the information that even nVidia has not released, by releasing a number of inspiron model numbers as "affected" and not others.

> Insert "HP", "Sony", "Toshiba", "Apple" (which hasn't extended any service plan, unlike Dell and HP), "Compaq","Acer", "ASUS", etc.   in place of Dell, with no loss of accuracy.

- I never said HP, Sony, Toshiba, etc were doing the right thing.  I said Dell was doing the wrong thing.  I don't have a HP or Sony, or whatever.  I have a Dell.  I don't care what the other vendors are doing.  I only care what Dell can do for ME. 

> As for blaming Dell for the entire problem - well, those who bought 3-year warranties are covered.

- I never blamed Dell for the entire problem.  I blamed Dell for the way they handled the problem.  Also, I never said I didn't have a 3 year warranty.  I do, even though with a QUALITY machine, I should not need it. 

If you had read the posts, from top to bottom, carefully, you would not be able to speak the words you do.

And it's not just 1 computer is it?

It's the whole fleet of them.

It's several entire models that have timebombs in them.

Strawman after strawman... can't muster a proper argument, can ya?

By the way, the longer warranty spile is a laughable excuse.

If you NEED a longer warranty to guarantee operations for a certain period of time, fact is it really isn't a quality product.

Now you too, can go call dell and hear it from them in the flesh.

If they tell you differently, then you can come back and post about it.

If you're not even going to put in the effort of calling them, what right have you to post here about "information"? 

Message Edited by jkim78 on 09-05-2008 01:52 AM

4.4K Posts

September 5th, 2008 03:00

ejn63 was having an intelligent and calm conversation pointing out facts.  The facts do not line up with your agenda so you show your snake fangs in you last post.

And then you have to lower yourself to calling him names.  That is what a five year old does.  Now if you are five, you are forgiven because of your age.  If you are older, then I guess you just reap the benefit of not having a longer warranty.

And if you are a businessman and you, as you say, are experiencing losses because of one computer being down, then you are not planning very well for tragedies.  With planning like that, I wouldn't want you working on my mission critical programs.  I would demand a contingency plan and it doesn't appear that you have one.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 5th, 2008 10:00

It's amazing how those who should direct their anger toward their lack of responsibility for a purchase toward others.

Fact:  you took the chance you'd have to pay for a repair after a short warranty.  You gambled, you lost.

62 Posts

September 5th, 2008 11:00

You just lost at reading, am I right?

Go fan Dell more.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

Rave on, John Donne, rave on.

If you decide to post something that indicates you've a problem you want to solve, rather than that you want to create a problem, we'll answer.

62 Posts

Quoted and bolded for the illiterate fanboy. 

@jkim78 wrote:

Lol...

Another laughable post from another fanboy.

Like I said, go call the tech support as was mentioned in the first post.

The *facts* DO line up with my agenda very well.

Dell propaganda doesn't... but then that's propaganda.

Call them yourself to see how much faith their own staff have in that spin.

ejn63 was not having an intelligent and calm conversation pointing out facts.

He was using Dell propaganda to put words in my mouth.

Words I had not spoken.

> Beware those with an agenda, bearing "questions" even nVidia hasn't answered.

- I never said nVidia answered them.  Dell are "claiming" to know the information that even nVidia has not released, by releasing a number of inspiron model numbers as "affected" and not others.

> Insert "HP", "Sony", "Toshiba", "Apple" (which hasn't extended any service plan, unlike Dell and HP), "Compaq","Acer", "ASUS", etc.   in place of Dell, with no loss of accuracy.

- I never said HP, Sony, Toshiba, etc were doing the right thing.  I said Dell was doing the wrong thing.  I don't have a HP or Sony, or whatever.  I have a Dell.  I don't care what the other vendors are doing.  I only care what Dell can do for ME. 

> As for blaming Dell for the entire problem - well, those who bought 3-year warranties are covered.

- I never blamed Dell for the entire problem.  I blamed Dell for the way they handled the problem.  Also, I never said I didn't have a 3 year warranty.  I do, even though with a QUALITY machine, I should not need it. 

If you had read the posts, from top to bottom, carefully, you would not be able to speak the words you do.

And it's not just 1 computer is it?

It's the whole fleet of them.

It's several entire models that have timebombs in them.

Strawman after strawman... can't muster a proper argument, can ya?

By the way, the longer warranty spile is a laughable excuse.

If you NEED a longer warranty to guarantee operations for a certain period of time, fact is it really isn't a quality product.

Now you too, can go call dell and hear it from them in the flesh.

If they tell you differently, then you can come back and post about it.

If you're not even going to put in the effort of calling them, what right have you to post here about "information"? 

62 Posts

September 5th, 2008 13:00

Answer what?  Propaganda isn't an answer.

And I doubt anyone needs help from someone who hasn't grasped the fundamentals of literacy.

2.2K Posts

September 5th, 2008 18:00

These are public forums. I do not think it is appropriate to create "Do not post..." demands. If you do not want to hear comments on your posts, don't make them public.

You have accused people of lying more than once, and continue to do so, yet have not provided ANY example of anyone lying. 

And, one other question - You have alternately accused those who try to reason with you of either twisting your words or being illiterate. How can one be illiterate and still twist another's words? If one is truly illiterate, they would lack that ability....

One comment.... No one here can help you. If you truly want to try to get your issue resolved, you will either need to wait for Dell & Nvidia to say your machine is affected and THEN hope that you get a card that does not exhibit the same problems you have had OR try the Unresolved Issues form. It certainly can't hurt.

62 Posts

September 5th, 2008 22:00

Pathetic.  Proof that you are a liar is childish jibberish?

Statements that go against Dell's propaganda are childish jibberish?

Statements that, unlike your own, are consistent and logical are childish jibberish?

Prove me wrong.  If you can't, then shut it.

No Events found!