Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2012 05:00

To get drivers for studio 1435 with windos 8 pro.

Hi frndz, can any1 tell me how do I get software/drivers for my Bluetooth, wi-fi  and for finger print scanner in my studio 1435 which was previously windos vista 32 bit but now I have upgraded it to windos 8 pro.

943 Posts

November 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi,

Thanks for contacting the community.

Dell Studio 1435 has not been tested with Windows 8 as of now. Once it is tested, BIOS and Drivers would get uploaded on the driver’s page.

Apologize for the inconvenience In the meantime; I would suggest you to install all the windows updates provided by Microsoft.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

Hi, Prateek thnxs for the info. Do u have any idea for how long it will take to test n upload on driver's pg?

943 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 08:00

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

There are two ways of check that.

1)     You can visit our support site (support.dell.com) and enter the service tag and check for the drivers.

2)     If you have dell support center installed on the system, you will automatically get all the latest updates through it. In case it’s not installed I would recommend you to install it from the below mentioned link:

http://dell.to/HkLYR2

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

November 22nd, 2012 22:00

Hi, the support site is not showing my windos 8 option. If i installed support center on my laptop with the help of the link provided by u , how would i know that dell will be suggedting drivers for windos 8 n not for vista. Bcoz according to them  i am vista user, n 1 more thing i want u tell u is that i am not under warrenty period. So is there any way to tell dell that i am using windos 8?  

4 Posts

December 8th, 2012 22:00

I have same problem. I have already installed windows 8 pro 64Bit. I was having vista 32bit. Everything is working except Bluetooth. Just because of this I am running into so many issues. I had Microsoft support person resolving my system for 4hrs but he couldn't figure it out. Mine is 3 years old system and warranty is expired now.

943 Posts

December 10th, 2012 06:00

Hi Ketanvh,

Please provide me the system model and the version of operating system installed.

Please reply to my private message.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

943 Posts

December 10th, 2012 06:00

Hi Prasad,

I have already forwarded your case to the team concerned; I would request you to provide a screen shot of the Dell support center and the version installed.

Please reply to my private message.

Thanks & Regards
Prateek K
#iworkfordell

4 Posts

December 10th, 2012 07:00

Hi Prateek,

I have dell studio 1435 (HT263BS) bought around 3 years back. I had VISTA 32bit and I did clean installation of WINDOWS 8 PRO 64bit. Initially my dell travel mini Bluetooth mouse was working for first 6 hrs. But when I turned off the mouse and turned it on it stopped working. Then I realized that my Bluetooth itself is not working (I mean I never checked if Bluetooth was working after windows 8 or not, it was just mouse which was working). I had Microsoft support guy helping me for 4 hours but he couldn't fix it. Below are some more details which I observed

1) Tried installation R235168 and R233328, which you had suggested to one of "Studio 1457". I did all steps given by you like running in Inst /setup files.

2) I don't see any problem for any driver in my Device Manager. I can't even see "Bluetooth" anywhere in device manager.

3) my wireless network is working.

4) my Bluetooth light is on - does it mean its working. if so why I can't see anything in "Device Manager". Also I checked my BIOS setting and Bluetooth is enabled

5) On left side or laptop there is one button  (exact opposite to start button) - I guess its for wireless right? - which is not working when I hold it for some time. But that button works if I switchoff my laptop.

6) I have not installed any driver from dell as everything is working except Bluetooth. But once you give steps I will refresh windows 8 to make sure there is nothing wrong - I tried lot of steps mentioned in this forum and also Microsoft gu also did lot of configurations.

7) I also tried running installer from Broadcom site but its not detecting my Bluetooth at all.

Is there anything wrong with my chipset? Do I need to install any driver (all drivers are by default installed by WINDOWS 8 PRO ) before following your steps. On dell driver I can see drivers only for VISTA 64 BIT. So I have not installed any drivers from dell site.

Regards

Ketan

4 Posts

December 10th, 2012 10:00

Guys

I was having EXACTLY same problem. I have dell studio 1435 with Broadcom 370 Bluetooth device. As mentioned by you, my device manager was also not showing anything related Bluetooth. Please download the following application. This works like charm. I have installed this on windows 8 Pro 64 Bit. Before I had vista 32bit.

http://ftp1.dell.com/folder00865420m/1/

Let me know if that works.

Ketan

No Events found!