Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 8th, 2017 10:00

Touchpad Application Missing

Hi all,my touchpad suddenly not worked as normally but when i check in F12,the diagnostic didint found any problem,also all the Dell Touchpad application were missing..

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 8th, 2017 15:00

:emotion-2:

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

In the meantime, do you see Dell touchpad driver listed in device manager ?

Dell Inspiron 3543;

9 Posts

July 8th, 2017 17:00

Hi thanks for replying,my Dell is Dell Inspiron 15 (3521) and my Windows is Windows 10,i cannot see any application about touchpad,only HID Mouse (my wireless mouse) appear there.

9 Posts

July 8th, 2017 18:00

And also all synaptic driver is missing

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 07:00

Please expand Mice And Other Pointed Devices in device manager. At the taskbar, click on Action, and then Scan For Hardware Changes, hopefully touchpad driver appear. If that doesn't work, click View, and then Show Hidden Devices.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 08:00

If the touchpad appears, tap it, click on Mouse, and then make the necessary adjustments, see image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If touchpad still doesn't show up, type Programs And Features onto [Cortana]search box, and then look for Dell Touchpad. Please let us know if you see it. If you see it, type Settings onto the search box, select Mouse & Touchpad, Additional Mouse Options, hopefully you'll see the image below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Now, if Dell touchpad isn't listed in Programs & Features, I suggest you power off the system, remove all peripherals from system, remove wireless USB(mouse) receiver, AC adapter, and then battery. Press the 'Power On " button for 15 seconds to release Static Flea Power . Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully touchpad is working again. If yes, plug USB receiver back into system to see if touchpad still operate.  

Keyboard, touchpad, or mouse not working correctly | Dell US

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 09:00

Deleted....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 9th, 2017 09:00

Lastly,

If all troubleshooting failed and Dell Touchpad driver still doesn't appears in device manager, I suggest you install Dell Touchpad driver from the link below. 

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

9 Posts

July 12th, 2017 19:00

Device manager showing Dell Touchpad with mini exclamation mark(yellow) on the right,additional mouse option didnt show touchpad option.

cortana found no result on "Dell Touchpad"

Best regards,

azareein

9 Posts

July 12th, 2017 19:00

Thanks LSUFAN51 for the answer,i will try mentioned step above and i will post here the result

9 Posts

July 13th, 2017 08:00

Hi,i just use using all above mentioned solution including install new driver,remove battery but it didnt work for me,this error showed when i click ''Show Hidden Device''..

And this show when i try to click the ''Additional Mouse Option'' after installing the driver that you give :

I hope we can fix this problem because i really need this touchpad...i think there is no problem with the wiring because F12 Diagnostic show no problem to the computer device..

Best Regards,

Azareein

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 13th, 2017 09:00

The problem is the PS /2 Compatible Mouse is missing. Please install windows 10 PS  / 2, version 19.0.19.l from the synaptics website.

Dell Inspiron 3543;

9 Posts

July 13th, 2017 17:00

Ok but now the Dell touchpad already missing from the list,only showng hid compliant mouse after instaling the driver above(dell touchpad driver)

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 13th, 2017 19:00

After installing Dell touchpad driver, you restarted the system?

No Events found!