Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 17th, 2017 09:00

Touchpad Driver Issues

With my most recent update (and, after looking, for several past updates) everything has gone smoothly except the Synaptics driver is "failing" to be installed.  I also tried to download and install directly (the most recent touchpad driver available on the web is from October 2015) from the Dell site, which also failed.

Functionally, the problem I'm having is that, after following all the directions in the Help Article on changing touchpad settings (or disabling it), when I get to

Devices >  Mouse and Touchpad >  Additional Mouse and Touchpad Settings >  "Click to change Dell Touchpad settings" the action simply fails.  I get a "working" icon (spinning blue circle) on the pointer, but it never gets to the next page.

Has anyone had this problem?  Has anyone had the Synapctics portion of the latest/any update(s) report as "failed to install?"

Any advice/input appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 17th, 2017 14:00

Post the model computer and operating system to get help here. It is hard to answer without all the info.

2 Posts

June 17th, 2017 17:00

Sorry, good point!  Inspiron 11 - 3152.

I found a way to disable it, but don't want that to remain the case.  Right now no mouse = no computer

Thanks.

No Events found!