Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 7th, 2017 09:00

Touchpad Driver is not working

First of all Unhappilly I had to format my original windows that came from DELL. Then I installed the windows 10 but it installed the microsoft mouse driver ps/2. I Already tried to install the Dell driver synaptic for my inspiron 5547 that I downloaded on Dell's website. I had tried to unzip the executable and put it manually (updating the driver) but it is not working at all.

Could Someone help me with this ???

Windows 10 Home, OS 32 bits, processor based on x64.

Sorry About my English mistakes, I am Brazilian and trying  to solve my touchpad issue.

Best regards.

2 Posts

July 8th, 2017 09:00

Thank you for the answer DELL-Rishi. As I said I had tried it for many times, but it did not help me. However I went to the web site of synaptics and downloaded the "Windows 10 PS/2 & SMBus Devices v19.0.19.1*" file and put it manually. After a restart it works. Now I can see the tag of "Dell Touchpad" on mouse settings and the scrolling is working again on touchpad.

Best regards.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 17:00

Deleted.....

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

July 7th, 2017 17:00

:emotion-2:

Please check out the information in the link below, hopefully it will be of help to you.

Dell Touchpad Drivers – The Unofficial Windows 10 ...

Also, I assuming you downloaded Dell Touchpad driver (Version 19.0.9.4, A00) windows 10 onto the system....

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails

2K Posts

July 7th, 2017 22:00

Hi FELIXNETO,

The Inspiron 5547 has not been tested for Win 10 OS and hence, there are no Win 10 drivers available for this model.

Download the Win 7 driver - and install the driver in compatibility mode - restart and check.

If it still does not work, then download the driver and extract the package to your desktop and manually install the driver and check.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private message with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!