Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 27th, 2012 02:00

Touchpad going crazy

I have an Inspiron 14R N4110 (bought 6 months ago) and recently the touchpad has been going crazy everytime I am using the mouse. It flicks back and forth between abling and disabling the touchpad, so much that I am unable to use the mouse because it continually engages and disengages. Sometimes it can happen 30 times in 1 minute. I went into the mouse properties and disabled the touchpad altogether but it still keeps doing it. I have run the diagnostic from the Dell site and downloaded all the required drivers, but nothing is working. Please anyone help! Thanks

March 18th, 2013 06:00

i m also facing this types of issue .and allmost is have resolved .this type of pro. have coming from power source like earth please ensure diffrent soket and diffrent place may be possible your charger is faulty e your charger  not provided the earth to laptop. is problem come out only if  u connect the adpter if  u unpluged the charger not happening any problem be ensure.if no go this step format the system and properly and updated driver for your laptop match by your win type and  ver. install  touchpad driver must be newer ver and only down lode from dell site acc.. your service tag and windows.:emotion-4:

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

March 29th, 2012 10:00

sam2010

Since this just recently happened,  you can try system restore.   Just click start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.  Choose a restore point that was saved before the problem started and restore the system.  Check the trouchpad and see if scrolling is working now. For more on system restore please check out the following link.

support.dell.com/.../document

I also suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling the touchpad drivers and any external 3rd party mouse drivers.  Click on start, control panel, programs and features and look for touchpad and choose uninstall.  While you are here look for any 3rd party mouse drivers such as Intelipoint or mouseman drivers.  Then download and install the touchpad driver from support.dell.com

TB

March 18th, 2013 06:00

i m also facing this types of issue .and allmost is have resolved .this type of pro. have coming from power source like earth please ensure diffrent soket and diffrent place may be possible your charger is faulty e your charger  not provided the earth to laptop. is problem come out only if  u connect the adpter if  u unpluged the charger not happening any problem be ensure.if no go this step format the system and properly and updated driver for your laptop match by your win type and  ver. install  touchpad driver must be newer ver and only down lode from dell site acc.. your service tag and windows.

No Events found!